• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Amarri is a great Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Amarri can't hang on to the ball, yet a bunch of you are saying the solution is to give him the ball more....am I missing something?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,480

He should never see another down as a Bull.  He is not a great Bull, he plays when he wants to play.

wow, a little dramatic aren't we?  ::)

He plays hard consistently and Leavitt continues to point out his production in other areas of the game such as his blocking. He may drop balls but that is hardly playing only when he wants to play.

• Content Count:  76

The bottom line is its not up to any of us. No amount of ********, or lobbying for or against, or praise is going to change the course of Ammari's future with the Bulls. That is entirely up to Jim Leavitt....who by the way was good enough and had enough sense to coach us into the #2 spot in the BCS this year. Enough already.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I like Amarri, but he is given WAAAAAAAAAAY too much credit by some bulls fans.

Louisville '05 has cemented him in the minds of some Bulls fans as worthy of having the #18 jersey retired.

His production over his three-year career @ USF has been that of a #3 or #4 receiver.

I like Amarri, but he is given WAAAAAAAAAAY too much credit by some bulls fans.

Louisville '05 has cemented him in the minds of some Bulls fans as worthy of having the #18 jersey retired.

His production over his three-year career @ USF has been that of a #3 or #4 receiver.

I have not heard anyone giving even close to that much credit to Amarri. All I see is thread after thread of "bench Amarri" threads that lead to comments mentioning the positives he brings to the team. The only extremes I've read about him are those stating he should "never play another down as a Bull" type of comments. Most have agreed he has a problem holding on to the ball but he is a threat on the field and also brings more to the table aside from simply catching balls.

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

He should never see another down as a Bull.  He is not a great Bull, he plays when he wants to play.

He plays hard consistently and Leavitt continues to point out his production in other areas of the game such as his blocking. He may drop balls but that is hardly playing only when he wants to play.

Nope, not dramatic at all.  Everyone seems to say he is a good blocker...if you actually watch him, he makes one good block a game.  The block that sprung Ben Williams at FAU was the only thing he did right that game.  It just happened to be the only play he got on TV.  He is not a sound football player.  He played one good game.  Since then, he catches deep balls when he is open.  Anybody can do that.  Give the ball to Carlton Mitchell.

You are telling me his fumble last year @ UNC and then is blatant refusal to fall on the ball isn't a prime example of "he plays when he wants to play"?  That put UNC right back in the game.  It happened again this year, and that is exactly why Marcus Edwards is our current Punt Returner.

Nope, not dramatic at all.  Everyone seems to say he is a good blocker...if you actually watch him, he makes one good block a game.  The block that sprung Ben Williams at FAU was the only thing he did right that game.  It just happened to be the only play he got on TV.  He is not a sound football player.  He played one good game.  Since then, he catches deep balls when he is open.  Anybody can do that.  Give the ball to Carlton Mitchell.

You are telling me his fumble last year @ UNC and then is blatant refusal to fall on the ball isn't a prime example of "he plays when he wants to play"?  That put UNC right back in the game.  It happened again this year, and that is exactly why Marcus Edwards is our current Punt Returner.

ahhh so that was the only thing he did right the entire game vs FAU, guess you've been spending your time breaking down the game film and see things much better than Leavitt who obviously plays him anyway then lies about the reason he has him on the field.

And true, his fumbling this year as a punt returner was due to his taking the play off...nothing to do with his incorrect mechanics in handling the ball. Geez did you even watch him returning those punts? His biggest problem was running all over the place trying to make something happen which may be horrible technique but it's hardly taking the play off.

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

One way or another....TJ is out

So it is Amarri's time to step it up

Hopefully, he will use these last few games to prove me wrong.

Archived