• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Ticky Tac Call" - Skip Bayless

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

the pass interference was textbook offensive pass interference. he extended his arms and the DB was pushed away from Jackson. just another crappy play by Jackson and another reason to keep him off the field.

Exactly. That call was completely legit.

Yeah Gayturd boy ::)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  385

On the blocked kick...I truly don't think that the ref got to see the best angle of that play (where you can CLEARLY see the ball being forced out by an RU player). I remember thinking the replay system looked shaky in our game with WVU.

I think they called the play dead from the initial 'propelling of the ball forward' not the second forced fumble. In replay, it looked like our guy never had control and wasn't throwing the ball but trying to scoop it up while being tackled but getting his fingers just underneath it. Guy in my office swears the player was just tossing it back so I guess the refs viewed it the way my office mate did. I don't see it but most importantly I don't think it was clear enough during review to say it was definetly a intentional 'propelling'.

If it was on the first one, you can clearly see that Jenkins never had control of the ball, and was still trying to grab it after it was "propelled" forward.  No way that was intentional, he was trying to secure it. 

I'm not even sure who they called the penalty on...The Jenkins play seemed obviously unintentional. The McKenzie play at first glance looked intentional, but a different camera angle CLEARLY showed the ball was forced out.

I'd love to hear an explanation.

• Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

I'd love to hear an explanation.

Good luck with that...  I think an explanation would be nice but...

Well it could be worse, we could have had those refs from last Thursday's game.  Wow.

• Content Count:  509

On the blocked kick...I truly don't think that the ref got to see the best angle of that play (where you can CLEARLY see the ball being forced out by an RU player). I remember thinking the replay system looked shaky in our game with WVU.

I think they called the play dead from the initial 'propelling of the ball forward' not the second forced fumble. In replay, it looked like our guy never had control and wasn't throwing the ball but trying to scoop it up while being tackled but getting his fingers just underneath it. Guy in my office swears the player was just tossing it back so I guess the refs viewed it the way my office mate did. I don't see it but most importantly I don't think it was clear enough during review to say it was definetly a intentional 'propelling'.

If it was on the first one, you can clearly see that Jenkins never had control of the ball, and was still trying to grab it after it was "propelled" forward.  No way that was intentional, he was trying to secure it. 

Thank you!  You could clearly see from the replay that Jenkins was trying to scoop up a bouncing football while being tackled.  After he couldn't secure it, you could also see he was trying to grab the ball back while he was falling!!!  He never had control!  What, is the ball going to go backwards when you're trying to scoop it up!?!  No!  You're going to hit it forward!  If those freaking announcers would have gotten off their hate-USF-high horse they would have seen it too!

• Content Count:  2,661

The ESPN2 anchor just said "Amarri Jackson was called for a push-off ... I guess."

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

If Amarri hadn't dropped 573 passes before that play it wouldn't have been an issue.

• Content Count:  3,574

The push-off and the Rutgers hold were examples of very soft penalties that just beg to be called because they're so obvious.

I agree 100%.  Was it a small push?  Absolutely.  The CB's head went back as his body went forward.  That's a clear indication that it was OPI.  Jackson does not need to push… the guy is 6-5 and had a clear advantage over the CB.  Play football, Amari!

Was the holding penalty by a RU player a "small" hold (which took away the first down)?  Yes, but guess what... it's still a hold!

The only problem I had (with the refs) was the penalty after the review.

Don't shh the crowd... don't hit players that are out of bounds... don't drag a player by its facemask for 5 yards... don't play stupid!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,646

Regarding the blocked kick and forwarding/propelling the ball, does anyone know the real review rules here?  What plays can and cannot be reviewed?  Also, can a review "create" a penalty like it did in this case?  I thought a reveiw could nullify a penalty, but not create one.

• Content Count:  3,048

Regarding the blocked kick and forwarding/propelling the ball, does anyone know the real review rules here?  What plays can and cannot be reviewed?  Also, can a review "create" a penalty like it did in this case?  I thought a reveiw could nullify a penalty, but not create one.

Illegal forward pass is reviewable

• Content Count:  100

Archived