• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Ticky Tac Call" - Skip Bayless

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

The offensive pass interference play was sickening and Skip Bayless has our back on this issue.

It's just sad how the refs took the game away from the players.

Skip also said we weren't overrated.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

It was a makeup call for the previous holding penalty on Rutgers that wasn't a hold.

• Content Count:  635

the pass interference was textbook offensive pass interference. he extended his arms and the DB was pushed away from Jackson. just another crappy play by Jackson and another reason to keep him off the field.

• Content Count:  20

the pass interference was textbook offensive pass interference. he extended his arms and the DB was pushed away from Jackson. just another crappy play by Jackson and another reason to keep him off the field.

Exactly. That call was completely legit.

I wish I saw it that way, but he barely if at all FULLY extended his arms. But my main beef is with the refs throing a flag in that certain situation...just heartbreaking.

But to be honest I view the forward pass peanlty on the review as a bigger disgrace.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Exactly. That call was completely legit.

no, it wasnt.

Amarri touched him, sure.

but there was no "push."  the separation was made by Amarri stopping and turning around to catch the ball.  

u try running full speed and then turning around to grab a football and see if your arms dont extend from your body slightly.

the defender completely overran the route and Amarri made the play.  the refs bailed him out.

of course an argument can be made by idiots and retards that it was a "legit" call, but it didn't affect the play and it shouldn't have been the game deciding factor.  

LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE IT ON THE FIELD.  if Rutgers is good enough to win, they're good enough to stop a 30 yard pass to Amarri on 4th and 22.

• Content Count:  635

yes, let the players decide it on the field, unless they do somethign stupid like obvious offensive pass interference that every referee in the tri-state area threw a flag at.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

yes, let the players decide it on the field, unless they do somethign stupid like obvious offensive pass interference that every referee in the tri-state area threw a flag at.

yes, that every ref threw about 3 or 4 seconds after the play along the Buttgers sidelines with fans, coaches and players screaming for a flag.

Have you ever seen Greg Carr from FSU make a catch?

• Content Count:  100

The push-off and the Rutgers hold were examples of very soft penalties that just beg to be called because they're so obvious.

Neither player needed to offend (I'm sure Amarri catches that ball without the extra foot of separation, the Rutgers guy held even though the play was pretty much gone) but the zebras are going to throw that flag 9 times out of 10, because they get chastised for missing anything and everything.

But the return of the blocked kick..... I can't excuse them for that one.

I thought the only way a flag comes out during a review for illegal forward pass was if the passer's over the line of scrimmage. What they ruled on was purely subjective, and how on Earth there was "incontrovertible" evidence to overturn the TD is beyond me.

Archived