• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Ticky Tac Call" - Skip Bayless

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

yes, let the players decide it on the field, unless they do somethign stupid like obvious offensive pass interference that every referee in the tri-state area threw a flag at.

Have you ever seen Greg Carr from FSU make a catch?

haha.. ZING!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

the pass interference was textbook offensive pass interference. he extended his arms and the DB was pushed away from Jackson. just another crappy play by Jackson and another reason to keep him off the field.

Exactly. That call was completely legit.

no, it wasnt.

Amarri touched him, sure.

but there was no "push."  the separation was made by Amarri stopping and turning around to catch the ball.  

u try running full speed and then turning around to grab a football and see if your arms dont extend from your body slightly.

the defender completely overran the route and Amarri made the play.  the refs bailed him out.

of course an argument can be made by idiots and retards that it was a "legit" call, but it didn't affect the play and it shouldn't have been the game deciding factor.  

LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE IT ON THE FIELD.  if Rutgers is good enough to win, they're good enough to stop a 30 yard pass to Amarri on 4th and 22.

exactly what im saying, that was a good play, i think if they werent on the rutgers sideline with all of their players and coahces yelling for the call it wouldnt have been made

• Content Count:  143

Jackson had his arm on his back (which is legal), but there was no push-off.  The call was completely BS.  I do agree that Jackson should be off the field.  Edwards is doing hell of job IMO.

• Content Count:  385

The push-off and the Rutgers hold were examples of very soft penalties that just beg to be called because they're so obvious.

Neither player needed to offend (I'm sure Amarri catches that ball without the extra foot of separation, the Rutgers guy held even though the play was pretty much gone) but the zebras are going to throw that flag 9 times out of 10, because they get chastised for missing anything and everything.

But the return of the blocked kick..... I can't excuse them for that one.

I thought the only way a flag comes out during a review for illegal forward pass was if the passer's over the line of scrimmage. What they ruled on was purely subjective, and how on Earth there was "incontrovertible" evidence to overturn the TD is beyond me.

On the blocked kick...I truly don't think that the ref got to see the best angle of that play (where you can CLEARLY see the ball being forced out by an RU player). I remember thinking the replay system looked shaky in our game with WVU.

• Content Count:  416

He touched the DB, but I agree that it didn't affect the play. I just see it being called. It sucked, I wish we could've seen how the two teams responded to USF continuing the play but it got called. I always hate it when flags come out late in the game but it happens because players start trying to do too much and the refs are suddenly keen to not miss anything. I didn't like the crew last night but rutgers was playing with the same ticky tacky officials, they just had the homefield advantage.

Jackson had his arm on his back (which is legal), but there was no push-off.  The call was completely BS.  I do agree that Jackson should be off the field.  Edwards is doing hell of job IMO.

Edwards, Hester, Mitchell and even Stone Hands Ced all came thru last night at critical moments.

Amarri would have been a hero if not for the flag.

• Content Count:  416

On the blocked kick...I truly don't think that the ref got to see the best angle of that play (where you can CLEARLY see the ball being forced out by an RU player). I remember thinking the replay system looked shaky in our game with WVU.

I think they called the play dead from the initial 'propelling of the ball forward' not the second forced fumble. In replay, it looked like our guy never had control and wasn't throwing the ball but trying to scoop it up while being tackled but getting his fingers just underneath it. Guy in my office swears the player was just tossing it back so I guess the refs viewed it the way my office mate did. I don't see it but most importantly I don't think it was clear enough during review to say it was definetly a intentional 'propelling'.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

There is always a certain amount of contact between a receiver and DB.  It's only called when it is significant enough to effect the play.  That wasn't even a push, he just had his hands on the DB.  99% of the time it doesn't get called.  Ticky Tack, which is a lousy way to end a game.

On the blocked kick fiasco, that is a judgement call.  You can't review judgement calls.  I've never seen a replay result in a penalty.  I truly think the Big East will apologize to USF for that one.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think they called the play dead from the initial 'propelling of the ball forward' not the second forced fumble. In replay, it looked like our guy never had control and wasn't throwing the ball but trying to scoop it up while being tackled but getting his fingers just underneath it. Guy in my office swears the player was just tossing it back so I guess the refs viewed it the way my office mate did. I don't see it but most importantly I don't think it was clear enough during review to say it was definetly a intentional 'propelling'.

If it was on the first one, you can clearly see that Jenkins never had control of the ball, and was still trying to grab it after it was "propelled" forward.  No way that was intentional, he was trying to secure it. 

There is always a certain amount of contact between a receiver and DB.  It's only called when it is significant enough to effect the play.  That wasn't even a push, he just had his hands on the DB.  99% of the time it doesn't get called.  Ticky Tack, which is a lousy way to end a game.

On the blocked kick fiasco, that is a judgement call.  You can't review judgement calls.  I've never seen a replay result in a penalty.  I truly think the Big East will apologize to USF for that one.

i agree.  there is always contact.  it's football.  unless the contact results in a change of the outcome of the play, it shouldn't be called.

like Grothe4Heisman said... watch other taller receivers like Greg Carr catch.  they practically climb the DB's back, pushing down off their shoulder while jumping for the ball and rarely is it called.

offensive pass interference is not called as frequently as defensive PI.

Archived