• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

leavitt was out of ocntrol

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

:)  Exactly.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

seems true...

not looking like he was coaching up players, just beating down...don't know the context so will hold judgement

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Two responses. 

1 - Recruits will come because we were #2 and will end up in a decent bowl with top 10 or top 20 being possible.

2 - I was at Capognas last night and the whole place cheered when he got mad at the bad calls.  The entire 200+ group of people.  Any parent who has kids in sports, or has played sports, knows that some of the most intense coaches are the best and with teams that win.  Championship teams rarely do so via politeness and beign PC all the time. 

Leavitt did not harm anyone and didnt do anything Spurrier did when the countrly loved (or hated) him at UF.  I like his intensity and so do the kids that win.  Is he a little crazy, of course.  What sane person would work 6.5 days a week at 17 hours a day in their job (and in the early days out of a trailer for $75k a year).  Everyone else is surprised (ie the Media) because for many of them this is the first time they have watched USF, and plus they have to debate just about everything (from pink whistles, to Gallagher).  Screw all of the critics....

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

and will lose recruits with his sideline antics

no sane parent would allow their child to play for the madman on the sideline last night

Yah I wouldn't want anyone to send their kid where the coach will discipline them and even they if aren't highly recruited potentially turn them into a high draft choice in the NFL with the potential to make millions of dollars.   

And if they don't go to class discipline them and continue to help them grow into a man with good values. 

HIS ANTICS WERE BIZARRE AND HIS SCREAMING AT PLAYERS WAS ABUSIVE.YOU DONT BERATE KIDS IN PUBLIC

KIDS SHOULDNT BE SUBJECT TO WHAT I SAW LAST NIGHT

HOPE LEAVITT GETS HIS ACT TOGETHER AND LEARNS TO CONTROL HIS TEMPER

\

LAST NIGHT HE WAS OUT OF CONTROL AND LOOKED IT AS WELL AS EXTREMELY FOOLISH

HE DIDNT REPRESENT USF WELL LAST NIGHT

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

It was goofy but Leavitt has done enough for this program that you have to let him have some quirks and flaws. It was irritating to see the announcers goofing on him and yukking it up talking about the mets and yankees while there was an exciting football game going on though. The whole announcing team seemed to be acting as if the game was allready decided and they were having to come up with filler to talk about.

the entire world will be goofing on him

he looked stupid making those infantile like faces

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I think getting pissed and showing emotions is great.  It lets the players know when they should our shouldnt get serious.  

I was pissed watchign Rice get 5 - 7 yards every play.   The announcers even commented about it.   The flags were rediculous, almost funny.  And our players made a lot of mental mistakes.  

A coach/manager/parent can do two things to influence their players/employees/students, you can (1) complement them on good things and (2) discipilne them on bad things.   It takes both to be a good coach/manager/parent.  Direct and immediate comments are best.  Doing it without emotion lacks impact.  Jim certainly showed his emotions and I applaud him for that... He showed he cared (maybe more than our players did last night).

• Content Count:  416

caps_2Dlock.jpg

I didn't think he emberassed USF. I wasn't a fan of the visor and headset throwing though. The 'entire world' has been looking for an excuse to goof on USF, so they pick on the coach. Win and it becomes endearing. Just look how often the NFL loves talking about chucky's faces.

• Content Count:  308

I felt sorry for him.  He's done SOOOOO much and we all love him..  BUT, his behavior on the sideline was embarassing and bizarre.  A couple of times I thought that he might have a stroke or need medical care.  He really looked out of control, way out of control.  Did you notice that his lips were purple?  I cringed. The guy next to me at Selmon's suggested the network wire him up so we could watch his heart rate, blood pressure, etc on the screen.  Let's face it, this was way out there, very extreme.  I don't like it, I guess I subscribe more to the Tony Dungy school of emotional calm.

Maybe some recruits will like it and get fired up, but about everybody else must have said, "eeeeick, that guy needs valium, and quick!"  Not real good PR but thankfully just a small amount compared to all the GOOD PR this last month has brought the school.  I never liked Bobby Knight BTW.

How can you teach your kids to be under control and thoughtful when your example is a seething, lunatic rage many times over?

Anyway JL is a wonderful guy and we are soooooo lucky to have him.  I'm with him even after this emotional commotion.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Considering what was going on the field (iffy flag calling and BIG TIME player mistakes) I would have gone ape **** too.

• Content Count:  1,478

HIS ANTICS WERE BIZARRE AND HIS SCREAMING AT PLAYERS WAS ABUSIVE.YOU DONT BERATE KIDS IN PUBLIC

KIDS SHOULDNT BE SUBJECT TO WHAT I SAW LAST NIGHT

HOPE LEAVITT GETS HIS ACT TOGETHER AND LEARNS TO CONTROL HIS TEMPER

\

LAST NIGHT HE WAS OUT OF CONTROL AND LOOKED IT AS WELL AS EXTREMELY FOOLISH

HE DIDNT REPRESENT USF WELL LAST NIGHT

I'm sick and tired of people calling college football players kids. What, do they become men only when they're drafted into the NFL? If you wanna play ball, then be prepared to be disciplined in public or not. I'm sure these kids aren't making as big a deal of it as you are.

Archived