• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

leavitt was out of ocntrol

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Well i'm glad most of you haven't lost your sanity as far as Leavitt goes, appears it was just one guy.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

That's the kind of coach I would want to play for also.  Just saying...

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

Well i'm glad most of you haven't lost your sanity as far as Leavitt goes, appears it was just one guy.

I heard someone on the radio saying it this morning too.  How they would lose recruits after the coach's display.  Well, screw them because this coach made this team.

• Content Count:  1,803

Leavitt=Amazing period. If you can't get over 1 loss than what kind of fans are you. The gayturds have two, so does FSU and Miami has 3

• Content Count:  695

I heard someone on the radio saying it this morning too.  How they would lose recruits after the coach's display.  Well, screw them because this coach made this team.

Well the media is a bunch of idiots anyway, seriously if we go 11-1 and then beat Oklahoma in the BCS Bowl we would be this years Boise State and the media would be humping us all offseason so I don't really take any stock in what they say (this coming from a guy that wants to be a sports writer).

We as fans need to maintain our sanity, and not go straight at the coaches head for a loss. I will admit, the last 3 seasons Leavitt has had a questionable road loss in conference play and that will continue to haunt him for a while and will be the reason why I don't consider Leavitt the nation's best coach (top 10 though in my opinion) next season, or until he is able to get his team to win conference road games.

But he is still a good coach, has built this program from scratch and nearly led us to victory against Rutgers. Things just didn't work out, hopefully we learn our lessons and come out better in the end.

• Content Count:  4,451

I thought Leavitt's reactions were quite warranted.

And highly entertaining.  His passion is infectious and makes be a bigger USF fan.  What he said after the game about the game being a roller coaster ride and difficult to watch was right on.  I woke my wife (she goes to work at 3:30am.) twice - FG fake/TD and Amarri push off catch.  I actually screamed "Schhhhhhiiiiitttt!" at the top of my lungs when RU got that fake FG/TD.  I my home, for an example to the kids, cursing is considered taboo so it was really out of place.

• Content Count:  1,297

Locker room head butts by Leavitt has not seemed to have negatively effected recruiting.  That guy has taken this team to the next level and there will be plenty of kids chomping at the bit to play football for CJL.

• Content Count:  151

The "person",  though I'd like to use some other descriptive words, apparently has not watched or attended many USF games.  CJL was in control the whole time.  He knew what he wanted from his players but was not getting it.  He does this all the time.  Do you think he is out of control when he uses the same emotion and facial expressions when he has a problem with the refs and their calls?  Probably not.  So why with the players?

CJL has broght this team and program a long long way in a short period of time.  Obviously he is doing more things right than he is wrong.  If it were up to me, I would NOT give him up for anyone or anything.  And from some of the parents of players I have talked to, you will not find a coach that is more concerned than Leavitt is for his players, both on and off the field.  That is why he is so concerned about them attending classes, and if they don't, they don't play.  Ask Mike Ford.

Making constructive critisim is one thing, but your comments are just malicious and uncalled for.  Leavitt has my support.

GET OFF HIS BACK

• Content Count:  143

I think we will be alright as long as Leavitt doesn't go Woody Hayes on anybody:

"Hayes' volatile temper was often on display during key games, an emotional flaw which often overshadowed his coaching ability. One acquaintance said of Hayes, "Woody's idea of sublimating is to hit someone." In 1956, Hayes attacked a television cameraman following a defeat to the University of Iowa, which was followed three years later by an incident in which he took a swing at Los Angeles Examiner sportswriter Al Bine, but missed and instead struck the brother of Pasadena Independent sports editor Bob Shafer. The scuffle followed a 17-0 loss to the University of Southern California.

Another loss to Iowa in the 1960s resulted in Hayes cutting his face with the large ring on his left hand. His rage with that team stemmed from his feud with Hawkeyes head coach and athletic director, Forest Evashevski. In a May 1965 meeting of Big Ten Conference athletic directors and coaches, Hayes nearly started a fight with Evashevski.

In two instances against archrival Michigan, his fury also got the best of him: in 1971, he ran onto the field and confronted referee Jerry Markbreit and tore up sideline markers, receiving an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Hayes was furious over what he thought was a missed defensive pass interference call committed by Thom Darden of Michigan. Six years later, a late fumble caused him to charge an ABC television cameraman who recorded his frustration. The latter incident resulted in Hayes being put on probation by the Big Ten Conference.

In between those incidents, Hayes' ejection from two separate Rose Bowl appearances also created headlines. Prior to the 1973 contest, Hayes pushed a camera into the face of a news photographer, screaming, "That'll take care of you, you son of a *****." Three years later, after UCLA had stunned the Buckeyes and cost them a national championship, Hayes refused to let anyone speak to the media following the game.

Hayes' temper eventually brought an end to his career. On December 29, 1978, in the team's Gator Bowl contest against the Clemson Tigers, Hayes assaulted Clemson middle guard Charlie Bauman with a punch in the throat after Bauman intercepted a pass along the Buckeye sideline in the closing seconds of the game. Some eyewitnesses close to the coach say that the player popped up from being tackled and began to taunt the obviously furious coach with the ball. Just hours after returning to Columbus, Hayes was informed of his dismissal. After the incident, Hayes reflected on his career by saying, "Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach."

• Content Count:  2,461

and will lose recruits with his sideline antics

no sane parent would allow their child to play for the madman on the sideline last night

::)...Bet ya u been wanna to complain 4 7 weeks.

HEY. He's been really good for the past month - you gotta let him have this one.

Archived