• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It maybe too early, but here is my help. Seriously.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  0

I will admit I cannot stand you guys, simply because you beat my Mountaineers.  If you had lost to WVU I would have kept you as my 2nd favorite BigEast team but that is how it is and nothing is gonna change that now.  However I am not a total ass and I will give you my advice.

...a bunch of mindless rambling...

I hope I offered you something you can use.  It wont come again from me.

I will admit I can't stand you (though most other WVU fans seem okay), but since I'm not a total ass, I will give you my advice.

In the one game I watched WVU play this year:

1) Pat White got injured and couldn't play in the second half.

2) Steve Slaton didn't put up big numbers against USF.

So, my advice to WVU? Dump Slaton and White. It's obvious Slaton can't run for over 100 yards and that White is a fragile player.

I hope I offered you something you can use.  It wont come again from me.

• Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

WVstatechamp1990 here is my advice to you, kill yourself. Seriously. This way you can save your family from having to die of shame. If you do not take my advice I hope karma causes you to have to take care of your family while the cancer slowly eats away at their bodies. Enjoy hell you hillbilly piece of ****! And as a side note I heard your "girl" has foot and mouth disease.

• Content Count:  1,777

I have watched Bulls football since the beginning and I have to say there are some points in WVstatechamp1990 comments that have credability.

I am not sure if Grothe is making the decision to run on most of the options. But I will say he runs too much, out of the option.  I would be interested to see a stat on how many time he keeps that ball on the option.  I only say this because I think USF should do a better job of protecting him and I would also like to see him get out of bounds more or get down before taking a hit.  Not that Grothe is a weenie he can take the hits but I would prefer he protects himself better.

I would like to see the RBs get more touches during the games.  With most RBs, the game is about rhythm.  Sporatic touches make it hard for the RBs to get a read on the offensive line as well as the what the defense is doing.  Finding one or two RBs to use and an occaisional third is cool but hit helps to have the RBs get touchs to get in sync with the game.

In regards to Grothe's arm yeah it may not be as strong as Gregory's but I have never seen Gregory play in a pressure situtation. Occaisonally Grothe uses bad techniques, i.e. throwing off the back foot but that comes down to coaching and reinforcement. I will say he has done a better job this year reading defenses. He just needs to work on getting the ball to WR in better stops.  

Grothe is a good QB but there is a tendency for the USF offense to be too dependent on him.  From what I see USF has good WRs and RBs.  But the ball needs to get in their hand to prove if they are great,  not catching the ball and fumbling the ball hurt. USF proved to be pretty good last year when we dumped short passes to the WR to get them in space. (Also the WR do a good job blocking down field.)  Andre Hall is a good example of the benefits of feeding the RB so he can get into rhythm.

In Regards to Thrusday Night:

Of the 73 plays that USF ran on Thursday 52 were directly in Grothes hands 34 passing 18 running. The rest of the team 20 went to the RB (Williams 11, Ford 4, Taylor 4) and 17 went to the WRs.  Now the WRs numbers can go up if they catch the ball; bbut the number do not lie.

This is no different from balancing a portfolio 80% Grothe - 20% Other that is a high risk investment. But if it pays off who is going to complain. If it does not then it is easy to hit the big target.

Remember he is just a Red-Shirt Sophmore.  WVstatechamp1990, I know you do not want to hear this be he will be around for 2 more years and I expect he will get better. :)

• Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

This guy is THE poster child for banning the spread of genetics that is loose in W.V.

Way too much inbreeding to save any genetic material.

• Content Count:  5,241

There's a reason your "expertise" is limited to message boards.

• Content Count:  64

if this hillbilly can come up with this stuff, think about what the coaching staff from any half decent college will come up with.

the fact is Grothe is over-used as a runningback. our best drive on offense was in the 4th with him settling down and passing. Our RBs do need more consistant touches. and we can use a few more creative passing routes. our defence was impressive but not dominant and we just did not put enough points on the board.

all this points to the fact that our coaching staff needs to evolve a little. its the half way point and the big secret is out. every coaching staff in country has enough footage of us to see us coming a mile away. WE NEED TO EVOLVE.

this Hillbilly is not a total A$$ but getting rid of grothe is the retarded. we are a few coaching tweaks away from from being polished enough for the big game...thats right. it may not happen this year but with the type of defence we are capable of and a few tweaks on the offence, we will be ready for the big game...or at least the Big East Title...the voters will screw us for another 100years

Archived