• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It maybe too early, but here is my help. Seriously.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  218
  • Days Won:  0

I will admit I cannot stand you guys, simply because you beat my Mountaineers.  If you had lost to WVU I would have kept you as my 2nd favorite BigEast team but that is how it is and nothing is gonna change that now.  However I am not a total ass and I will give you my advice.

1) Grothe is too much of a liability at QB than what he is worth in regards to what he brings to the offense.  I have studied him and last night he confirmed my thoughts.

a.  Grothe takes the snap and 1st looks for a running lane then 2nd looks for receivers to throw the ball too.

b.  Grothe has no accuracy throwing the ball past 20 yards.  Last night he threw up a jump ball from his own goalline and was lucky enough that his WR got in position to make the play.  There was 6 other instances that his receiver was NOT in position and no one caught the pass.

c.  Grothe is too stingy and if there is an option, he keeps it WAY too much.  You have great running backs and they get no touches because of this.

d.  Grothe panics and cannot perform well when behind in the game.  He crushed your team last night when he took a sack on thier last series but he devastated them by running up to the line and spiking the ball on 2nd down.  Did you notice the camera instantly panned to Levitt when Grothe spiked the ball?  It was because everyone in the world but Grothe knew that was the most idiotic thing to do.  Levit's head just snapped backward like he was punched in the face, stunned.

Lack of an Offense because of Grothe.  The One-Trick Pony style of offense was shut down in the 2nd half last night.  EXCEPT for one series where USF just marched the ball down and scored a TOUCHDOWN after the Rutgers Fieldgoal.  Did any of you notice what did NOT happen on that drive?  GROTHE did not happen.  He handed the ball off to running backs, he threw short passes and let the WRs run in space after the catch.  What happened after that?  Grothe went back to playing like he did the rest of the game.  Trying to win it all on one mans shoulders.

2.  USF would be undefeated right now, if they started thier backup to Grothe.  If USF used a standard pocket passer that:  Looks for someone to THROW to 1st and if no one open, then looks for a RUNNING lane 2nd you would have beat Rutgers by 21 points last night.  Running backs would be your leading rushers, not some redneck kid who thinks he is Tim Tebow.

So... my help to USF?  Dump Grothe.  Realise that the ONLY thing an opposing team has to do is stunt/blitz your QB while keeping a "mirror spy" on him is enough to completely shut down your already weak offense.  It will be too much work to try and break Grothe out of his habbits.... and why would you?  He cannot pass well, he only RUNS and he cannot juke or make people miss in space like a "White/Dixon" type QB.  Grothe is only good at evading tackles in a collapsing pocket then runnning forward in wide open space.  This killed you last night when a spy was put onto Grothe.  The ONLY time Grothe was able to run in the 2nd half was when the Spy put himself out of position and Grothe just took off as soon as he got the ball.... again not even thinking of passing.

USF has great running backs, they are faster and better at running than Grothe.  USF has good receivers that can juke/move in space after the catch better than Grothe.  Until you get a QB that has a name OTHER THAN Grothe, these players will continue to not see the ball enough and USF will continue to lose.  The counter for USF has been broadcast in High Def on ESPN.  Every team you play down the road now knows how to stop your offense.  Will USF be proactive and make adjustments now, or will they be stubborn like WVU coach Rod and keep coming with the same gameplan to only lose more down the road?

What was my last sentence about?  It was about how WVU knew going into this game, all we had to do was run power formation up the gut on you guys but yet we used the same gameplan of last year, the one we lost with... will USF follow that lead or will they turn thier season around?

I hope I offered you something you can use.  It wont come again from me.

• Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

You are wrong on every one of your points.  I am glad you studied him last night but we have all been studying him every night as he lead us to victory after victory. 

• Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

You have no idea what you are talking about.

• Content Count:  218

If Grothe is your best player and you are all this blind to him.  **** I feel sorry for USF.  You wont beat UCONN let alone, Cincy and the Ville.  Hell the ORANGE may brand your asses Tropicana!

• Content Count:  936

Wow, WVstatechump1990... I had no idea you were a comedian!!! (or maybe just insane)

lol.. word

• Content Count:  72

Stop it with the "look to run first, pass second" BS.  Either A) it's a designed run play and he should be looking for the running lane or B) he's scrambling and when he does his eyes are down field until he crosses the LOS.

By the way the score was still 21-13, thanks for stopping by. 

• Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

You gotta love a guy who decides to study Grothe on a night where his receivers are dropping important passes and he is most if not all of the running threat.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.  Good show!  Clearly we should just cut this guy from the team?  You are a moron.

• Content Count:  1,370

Perhaps you should focus on your own quarterback before worrying about ours. Remember, his Heisman campaign ENDED after he played USF. Hell, Jarrett Brown played a better game than White did.

Archived