• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Herbie makes a good point

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  206
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone see see Herbie @ halftime of BSU v Nevada.  He says the computers love us because they don't get caught up in the "who is USF," issue they just see numbers and results....unlike the coaches and himself admittedly.  That said he saud he would be "shocked" if we ran the table.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

He was spot on with all of his analysis, especially on his thoughts regarding the BCS as the current system.

We're only half way through the season and we see how well we have to play the rest of the year in order to maintain the high ranking. It's going to be a long tough road.

• Content Count:  25

We are like the new kid at school - no one really knows what to think about us.

• Content Count:  1,219

I saw that segment, he also said the way the computers love USF, it would be difficult to keep an undefeated USF out of the BCS championship game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

he also said OSU has been the most consistent team so far. He failed to mention they have played no one and that the rest of their schedule is just as weak. It kind of sucks really since LSU is better than them despite the upset by UK. I don;t see OSU getting past PSU or possibly Michigan. Good lord is the Big Ten weak this season.

That said-- if we run the table, fine-- we deserve a shot at the NC. If we stumble against someone on the way-- fair enough-- knock us back into reality. As much as I tend to agree that running the table seems far fetched-- I also know that if any team can do it-- it's our Bulls.

let's just keep our heads on straight and take it one game at a time though. We cannot afford to slip up against UConn or something like that. We also better bring it hard to Rutgers, Cinci, and the Ville

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,649
  • Days Won:  6

I thought it was a very good and fair segment.  I'm really warming up to Herbie as he always explains his thoughts and positions while CF and LC just state their opinions as fact with no explanation why it may not be palatable to some.

• Content Count:  5,241

Guess where Herbstreit play football???

Thats right, Ohio State.

Still made very accurate comments

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

He had us at #4 and dropped us to #5 this week. Two top 5 teams lose, we win by 52, and that equals a drop in his poll??? It was clearly done to try and protect his beloved OSU. He has lost a lot of credibility with me.

• Content Count:  282

He had us at #4 and dropped us to #5 this week. Two top 5 teams lose, we win by 52, and that equals a drop in his poll??? It was clearly done to try and protect his beloved OSU. He has lost a lot of credibility with me.

That is the stuff that I cannot stand about Herbie......protect OSU at all costs.  How is the world do we go down with the top two teams losing?  You suddenly decide that the 1-loss teams are somehow really better no matter what they have shown on the field?

This is why we should seriously consider some method of eliminating direct human input in the rankings.

he also said OSU has been the most consistent team so far. He failed to mention they have played no one and that [glow=yellow,2,300]the rest of their schedule is just as weak[/glow]. It kind of sucks really since LSU is better than them despite the upset by UK. I don;t see OSU getting past PSU or possibly Michigan. Good lord is the Big Ten weak this season.

That said-- if we run the table, fine-- we deserve a shot at the NC. If we stumble against someone on the way-- fair enough-- knock us back into reality. As much as I tend to agree that running the table seems far fetched-- I also know that if any team can do it-- it's our Bulls.

let's just keep our heads on straight and take it one game at a time though. We cannot afford to slip up against UConn or something like that. We also better bring it hard to Rutgers, Cinci, and the Ville

Mike, I agree with everything else you said... but Ohio State's remaining schedule is actually tougher than USF's...

10/20 Mich St 3:30 PM

10/27 at Penn State 8:00 PM

11/03 Wisconsin TBD

11/10 Illinois TBD

11/17 at #24 Michigan TBD

Five teams who have all been ranked at some point in time this year... USF still has Syracuse, Pitt, and U Conn (yeah on the road but they are still 'Cuse, U Conn, and Pitt)...

Overall USF's 12 games and OSU's 12 games will be about the same in terms of degree of difficulty.  (IMHO).

Archived