• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Herbie makes a good point

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Overall USF's 12 games and OSU's 12 games will be about the same in terms of degree of difficulty.  (IMHO).

OSU's in-conference schedule is somewhat tough, but u gotta give USF the nod for going on the road to Auburn and getting it done.

OOC wins, especially on the road, are big...  OSU's OOC schedule is total crap.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

he also said OSU has been the most consistent team so far. He failed to mention they have played no one and that [glow=yellow,2,300]the rest of their schedule is just as weak[/glow]. It kind of sucks really since LSU is better than them despite the upset by UK. I don;t see OSU getting past PSU or possibly Michigan. Good lord is the Big Ten weak this season.

That said-- if we run the table, fine-- we deserve a shot at the NC. If we stumble against someone on the way-- fair enough-- knock us back into reality. As much as I tend to agree that running the table seems far fetched-- I also know that if any team can do it-- it's our Bulls.

let's just keep our heads on straight and take it one game at a time though. We cannot afford to slip up against UConn or something like that. We also better bring it hard to Rutgers, Cinci, and the Ville

Mike, I agree with everything else you said... but Ohio State's remaining schedule is actually tougher than USF's...

10/20 Mich St 3:30 PM

10/27 at Penn State 8:00 PM

11/03 Wisconsin TBD

11/10 Illinois TBD

11/17 at #24 Michigan TBD

Five teams who have all been ranked at some point in time this year... USF still has Syracuse, Pitt, and U Conn (yeah on the road but they are still 'Cuse, U Conn, and Pitt)...

Overall USF's 12 games and OSU's 12 games will be about the same in terms of degree of difficulty.  (IMHO).

Our toughest games (WVU and Auburn as far as overall team talent) are behind us and our boys are improving and getting hungrier.  Let's hope that the intensity level stays high and we really stick it to Rutgers this Thursday.

OSU's in-conference schedule is somewhat tough, but u gotta give USF the nod for going on the road to Auburn and getting it done.

OOC wins, especially on the road, are big...  OSU's OOC schedule is total crap.

Yes, their OOC is crap - which they can afford to do from an SOS perspective because the conference portion is that much harder...

[table]

[tr][td]USF[/td][td]OSU[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]at Auburn*[/td][td]at Michigan[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]W Virginia[/td][td]at Penn State[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Cincy[/td][td]Mich St[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]at Rutgers[/td][td]Illinois[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Louisville[/td][td]Wisconsin[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]at UConn[/td][td]at Purdue[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]at FAU*[/td][td]at Minnesota[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Pittsburgh[/td][td]N'western[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]UNC*[/td][td]at Washington*[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]C Florida*[/td][td]Akron*[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]at Syracuse[/td][td]Kent St*[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Elon*[/td][td]YSU*[/td][/tr][/table]

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

I was not comparing OSU diurectly with USF per se

merely pointing out that they have beaten no one of note to date, and that the Big Ten is much weaker than anyone thought it was. I think they are getting the #1 slot totally on name recognition, current unbeaten record, and perhaps somewhat for last season

Archived