• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF: The Most Hated Team in Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

Of the Big Three, FSU has been, by far, the most supportive and complimentary of USF. I know, I go here. I've gotten quite a bit of congrats from FSU students and people in Tallahassee. The turd from the FSView article "USF no FSU", which I posted on this board btw, isn't representative and very much in the minority opinion toward USF football. Nonetheless, UM has talked their share of crap but UF has been by far the worst of the Big Three.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  261

I don't care about any of the other Florida schools that much to hate them.

Really?  Is that why you have a short video of the Gators losing on your sig?  I personally, REALLY don't care about other Florida schools because i didnt grow up down here. 

But hate is always a good thing.  They should get their weight up not their hate up.

I said I dislike them, I never said I hate them. As for the video, are you serious? Are you telling me that you don't find it funny that they are crying? C'mon these are 18-21 year old men and they are crying. In the grand scheme of things there are much more important things to cry about than football.

P.S. I got the .gif on an FSU message board. I thought it was too funny to resist. I'll probably change it in a few weeks.

RSSmooth, it seems as if you never played organized sports in your life. I'm sure those players are crying because they invested so much of themselves into the game of football (in general) and their program. Their emotion is what separates college football from professional sports. Those kids played with heart. Name me one person who likes to lose. Losing hurts. Losing the way they did hurts even worst. Hell, even as a fan it hurts when your team loses (keeping all other things in perspective). There's a large number of gators at my job who haven't made one peep about the LSU/FL game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

I concur-- most reasonable fans I've talked to have had nothing but praise for our team. They are saying we are legitimate players inthe football football scene now and have been for a couple of years.

That said-- I don't expect we will blow anyone away immediately with recruiting results-- the other teams have very deep ties thoughout the state and country-- but we will continue to do well imo. Top ranked classes are over rated anyway-- what a kid does in HS does not always translate when they are young adults

• Content Count:  2,523

I don't remember Boise State getting a lot of hate last year.  They seemed to get a lot of love.  Rather than saying "bring on the hate", I think we need to ask what we are doing differently from them to garner a different reaction.

It's bc they weren't really taken seriously and everyone knew they had no chance to actually play for the national championship.

Not so with our case...

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

The hardcore Gator fans (current students) I know are not thrilled at all for our success, especially when we take down an SEC team on the road and destroy their whole "SEC = God" standpoint.

Most support I've gotten is from undergrads of other schools (now going to UF), who know what it is like to be stepped on a little.  FIU, UCF, middle of the road schools from up north (Michigan State, etc.... teams that know what it feels like to be overshadowed).

Most of the younger UF fans know nothing of success and know nothing about what it takes to get there.  It is beyond their comprehension that at some point, a team must START.  The idea of building a program from the ground up is foreign to them, which is a big reason they continually pick out the "no OCS!!" and "bandwagoners!!" arguments.  Forgive them, they would rather stay with the mainstream, average UF fan.  They just aren't USF material.

[shadow=green,left]GO BULLS[/shadow]

• Content Count:  2,461

If you don't have haters you aint doin somethin right.

Go Bullz !!!

Exactly right. When you are on top, everyone wants to knock you down.

• Content Count:  81

BFD....  hating us ... is like us being included in the part-teee.

#5 .. seriously, I think we are over rated. Our offense is not a #5 team...  Not sure what happened to our offense but Groethe is not hitting on all cylinders.

But who cares. It is what it is.... we are #5.... soak it up... enjoy it for what it is.... let's hope it continues.... but if it doesn't.... oh well..  Que sera sera....  We don't play the games..... our USF football athletes play them... God help them...

and may the best team win...

• Content Count:  26

I love how hated we've become!  I'm a middle school teacher, and one out of only three USF alum at my school.  A majority of the teachers are from UF.  At first, they were behind USF, congratulating me on our wins.  But now that we're ranked above the holier-than-thou Gators, it's a different story!  They've become quite vicious. 

I printed up a bunch of "USF - Ranked #1 in the state of Florida" flyers with the U logo and have been giving my students extra credit for successfully hanging them up in the other teachers' rooms without getting caught.  A few have noticed the flyers and taken them down, but most are totally oblivious to them.  The ones that have found them still can't figure out who is behind it all.  >:D 

• Content Count:  2,461

BFD....  hating us ... is like us being included in the part-teee.

#5 .. seriously, I think we are over rated. Our offense is not a #5 team...  Not sure what happened to our offense but Groethe is not hitting on all cylinders.

But who cares. It is what it is.... we are #5.... soak it up... enjoy it for what it is.... let's hope it continues.... but if it doesn't.... oh well..  Que sera sera....  We don't play the games..... our USF football athletes play them... God help them...

and may the best team win...

If BC deserves it, then we **** well deserve it.

We've won over #5 and #18... Nobody can argue with that.

The offense needs to get going, but we have a top 5 defense for sure.

Archived