• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF: The Most Hated Team in Florida

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  0

"Is it better to be loved, or feared?"

bronxtalechaz.jpg

Returning to the question of being feared or loved, I come to the conclusion that, men loving according to their own will and fearing according to that of the prince, a wise prince should establish himself on that which is in his own control and not in that of others.

• Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

The funny thing is that USF does not need any of their fans support, so they can keep on crying about " We use to like USF, but now they are too arrogant" all day long. I am a fan that never really cares about the BIG 3. Why is it such a big deal to be part of the BIG 4??? USF is currently the #5 team in the nation, so we dont need to be associated with those idiot BIG 3 fans. For the BIG 3 fans to keep talking about us just shows you how much they are jealous of USF's fast track to success. How many years did it take UF to win a national championship??? Too many years for them to be on their high horse. You have to start somewhere, and right now USF is building a powerhouse that is already getting under the BIG 's skin. USF goes on the road to beat a good AUBURN team which is something UF cant do right now. Georgia's coach has already went on record as stating he was afraid to schedule USF. Yes, this has to be eating up UF fans that Georgia from the big bad SEC is afraid to play USF from the BIG EAST. Thank Miami because they gave USF the big opportunity for BCS access.

• Content Count:  385

I don't want friends i want respect.  All this attention just means that they are finally realizing that we are on the big stage with them and they don't want any new guys at the table (two metaphors in one, woohoo)  They can talk and we will play...one game at a time

I think you have broken the all-time record for most cliches in one post!   ;)

Awwwww thanks someone noticed ;D  i try

• Content Count:  104

You all are missing one very critical aspect of all this hate:  recruits.  If the high school kids start "hating" us, it WILL affect recruiting.

The question is, first, is it really "hate" that we're talking about?  And the second question is, if so, what has caused that hate.

If the hate is really jealousy coming from the Big 3, then I don't think its hate and I don't think it would affect recruiting.  If that's the case, its the kind of hate that people have for the New York Yankees or the New England Patriots.  They hate us because we always win.  And that's not hate at all, its jealousy.

But, if they hate us because they perceive our fans to be arrogant and to strut around like our **** don't stink; if we have all the swagger of UF or Miami with none of the tradition; if we present ourselves as cocky, arrogant ********; if we rub our success and their failure in their face because we want to see them cry; essentially, if were "bad" winners..... then that will trickle down to the high school kids and it will affect recruiting.  Everything else being equal, recruits are going to choose a school where the fans are cool and the program is admired over one where the fans are pricks and the program is universally loathed.

I don't remember Boise State getting a lot of hate last year.  They seemed to get a lot of love.  Rather than saying "bring on the hate", I think we need to ask what we are doing differently from them to garner a different reaction.

• Content Count:  1,911

I don't care about any of the other Florida schools that much to hate them.

Really?  Is that why you have a short video of the Gators losing on your sig?  I personally, REALLY don't care about other Florida schools because i didnt grow up down here. 

But hate is always a good thing.  They should get their weight up not their hate up.

• Content Count:  849

You all are missing one very critical aspect of all this hate:  recruits.  If the high school kids start "hating" us, it WILL affect recruiting.

The question is, first, is it really "hate" that we're talking about?  And the second question is, if so, what has caused that hate.

If the hate is really jealousy coming from the Big 3, then I don't think its hate and I don't think it would affect recruiting.  If that's the case, its the kind of hate that people have for the New York Yankees or the New England Patriots.  They hate us because we always win.  And that's not hate at all, its jealousy.

But, if they hate us because they perceive our fans to be arrogant and to strut around like our **** don't stink; if we have all the swagger of UF or Miami with none of the tradition; if we present ourselves as cocky, arrogant ********; if we rub our success and their failure in their face because we want to see them cry; essentially, if were "bad" winners..... then that will trickle down to the high school kids and it will affect recruiting.  Everything else being equal, recruits are going to choose a school where the fans are cool and the program is admired over one where the fans are pricks and the program is universally loathed.

I don't remember Boise State getting a lot of hate last year.  They seemed to get a lot of love.  Rather than saying "bring on the hate", I think we need to ask what we are doing differently from them to garner a different reaction.

Most High School recruits aren't perusing the message boards to see which fans hate who, so thats a poor argument. If we're recruiting a kid, his decision won't be clouded by what fans are saying on message boards. I will agree that we have alot of n00bs as fans. They act stupid during games and to opposing fans as well. For example, everyone likes to yell "overrated" during every game. Its the dumbest thing I've ever heard and I personally wish those people would disappear.Everyone has them, as our program grows, these idiots will be weeded out.

• Content Count:  325

Should be a great bowl game if we play one of these 3 teams in December/January ;D

• Content Count:  849

I don't care about any of the other Florida schools that much to hate them.

Really?  Is that why you have a short video of the Gators losing on your sig?  I personally, REALLY don't care about other Florida schools because i didnt grow up down here. 

But hate is always a good thing.  They should get their weight up not their hate up.

I said I dislike them, I never said I hate them. As for the video, are you serious? Are you telling me that you don't find it funny that they are crying? C'mon these are 18-21 year old men and they are crying. In the grand scheme of things there are much more important things to cry about than football.

P.S. I got the .gif on an FSU message board. I thought it was too funny to resist. I'll probably change it in a few weeks.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

As far as recruits go, I grew up hating UM, but if I had been offered a scholarship to play there, or anywhere for that matter  :'(, I would have gone. When you are in the running for NCs, people get over hatred pretty easily.

You are always going to have fans of other schools that will turn you down if they can go there, but as long as we are winning, recruits are going to worry about anyone hating us.

Archived