• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF: The Most Hated Team in Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  0

Folks, those days are over. If you need proof, go peruse the "Big 3" boards for a few minutes. I got my first clue after having technical problems opening the now infamous FSU News article called "USF is no FSU".  I googled it and found a duplicate on tallahassee.com.  Venture over there and read what people are saying.

OK, USF is the 9th largest university in the country and is now the leading Florida university football program (at least for now).  Can we FINALLY quit calling the other schools "the BIG 3"?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

You all are missing one very critical aspect of all this hate:  recruits.  If the high school kids start "hating" us, it WILL affect recruiting.

You must don't remember The Canes. They were the most hated team in the nation. But kids , including myself wanted to play for them.

• Content Count:  2,461

You must don't remember The Canes. They were the most hated team in the nation. But kids , including myself wanted to play for them.

But they don't have a team anymore right?  >:D

• Content Count:  9

I love the hate.  My wife's parents are huge gator fans/alums and they used to always wish me luck with USF's games.  At first I thought it was nice until I realized it was only because they thought of us as some "cute little team."  I haven't heard anything since week 3 and I love it.  They hate us cause they are scared.

• Content Count:  9

I love how hated we've become!  I'm a middle school teacher, and one out of only three USF alum at my school.  A majority of the teachers are from UF.  At first, they were behind USF, congratulating me on our wins.  But now that we're ranked above the holier-than-thou Gators, it's a different story!  They've become quite vicious. 

I printed up a bunch of "USF - Ranked #1 in the state of Florida" flyers with the U logo and have been giving my students extra credit for successfully hanging them up in the other teachers' rooms without getting caught.  A few have noticed the flyers and taken them down, but most are totally oblivious to them.  The ones that have found them still can't figure out who is behind it all.  >:D 

From one middle school teacher to another. "BRAVO"  To be a middle school teacher you have to be a bit of a middle schooler.  We screw with each other all the time.  Also my constant usf pushing is one of the primary reasons my kids follow them a little now, if for no other reason than to suck up.  But it is important for them to see someone who knows sports that is a legitimate bulls fan, it makes it seem normal.

• Content Count:  959

BFD....  hating us ... is like us being included in the part-teee.

#5 .. seriously, I think we are over rated. Our offense is not a #5 team...  Not sure what happened to our offense but Groethe is not hitting on all cylinders.

But who cares. It is what it is.... we are #5.... soak it up... enjoy it for what it is.... let's hope it continues.... but if it doesn't.... oh well..   Que sera sera....  We don't play the games..... our USF football athletes play them... God help them...

and may the best team win...

Why are we overrated ?

Rub it in their face. We have arrived and are not going anywhere. Welcome to the new show in town. Who cares what other people think. A lot of you must hug trees   

• Content Count:  869

This phrase was a favorite of Emperor Caligula and translates roughly into "Let them hate, as long as they fear."

933p_0c_ZoomM.jpg

You can buy the shirt here, http://www.jinx.com/men/shirts/jinx_logo/as_long_as_they_fear.html?catid=1#bigdesign

• Content Count:  849

I don't care about any of the other Florida schools that much to hate them.

Really?  Is that why you have a short video of the Gators losing on your sig?  I personally, REALLY don't care about other Florida schools because i didnt grow up down here. 

But hate is always a good thing.  They should get their weight up not their hate up.

I said I dislike them, I never said I hate them. As for the video, are you serious? Are you telling me that you don't find it funny that they are crying? C'mon these are 18-21 year old men and they are crying. In the grand scheme of things there are much more important things to cry about than football.

P.S. I got the .gif on an FSU message board. I thought it was too funny to resist. I'll probably change it in a few weeks.

RSSmooth, it seems as if you never played organized sports in your life. I'm sure those players are crying because they invested so much of themselves into the game of football (in general) and their program. Their emotion is what separates college football from professional sports. Those kids played with heart. Name me one person who likes to lose. Losing hurts. Losing the way they did hurts even worst. Hell, even as a fan it hurts when your team loses (keeping all other things in perspective). There's a large number of gators at my job who haven't made one peep about the LSU/FL game.

Save me the BS! I wrestled for 4 years in High School not including Summer wrestling for USA wrestling club. I know what it is to lay down hard work and sweat. Wrestlers work harder than any other athlete. Wrestling training is harder than boot camp so spare me the crap. Its one thing to be sad and let down, but its another thing to be balling like an effing child on national tv.

I remember a year where we lost to Lyman High School in a wrestling dual meet that we shouldn't have lost. Our coach was extremely upset with us and gave us a humbling talk. We all felt his emotion and used that is motivation. We didn't sit and cry in the corner for 30 minutes. We laid our sweat and tears in practice not on the wrestling mat.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231

Other than what I have read, I personally haven't experienced any of the hate being described here. I have friends/acquaintances who are loyal to the other schools and not one has said anything negative about USF. I traveled last week and wore USF shirts on both days of travel and had a half dozen or so strangers bring up the Bull's success with nothing but positive comments.

Archived