• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oracle: Bulls Want Series to Continue

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

It's not a rivalry until both sides win. Until then, it's just an annoyance.

They hate us because they are jealous.

We hate them because they are so annoying.

It's like a mosquito. They want our blood. They annoy the crap out of us. In the end, we just swat them into nothing.

Very nice way to put it .... With true rivalries, there is no doubt with anyone that it IS a rivalry.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

BigBully, you beat me to it!  They're proud of losing? They've only proven that they can find a way to lose.

At least Texas was close, I wonder what they proved with ECU last week? 

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Read what Trae said, "Florida State plays the Gators and Miami, so I think we can play Miami and UCF every year."

Therein lies the issue.  If we played a series with UF or FSU then our players would look at it as a rivalry, as would theirs, notwithstanding what their fans would say.  What UCF wants is that we sign up in perpetuity to play them foregoing opportunities with others.  UCF has decided that they can't get 1-1 deals with the big 3 and therefore neither should we, nor should we try.  UCF wants us to be tied to them and not try and forge ahead on our own. 

The fact is that if any 2 Florida schools played a series there will be a rivalry between players and fans, as the players and fans on both sides know each other.  Does anyone think there would be less trashtalk and venom if we had FSU on the schedule for 4 straight years?  It is possible that years from now we will come back and do 1-1 deals with UCF, but we are willing to forego that now to try and do better.

• Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

I say let our boys think this is a rivalry.  Hopefully it gets them more fired up and doesn't allow them to overlook UCiF. 

agreed.

personally, i think it's less of a rivalry and more of a "shut the guy up that constantly talks sh-t" type thing.  

UCiF fans try their hardest to flame us by taking personal shots at our coach, our players and their wives... then when we respond they are QUICK to say "see see it IS a rivalry, look how much u guys hate us!!" ...lol... no, we just want u to STFU.

of course there is an "atmosphere" about this game... it is an in-state game with serious recruiting implications... a similar atmosphere existed down there in Boca/Lauderdale this past Saturday.  the only difference is, there is no level low enough to which UCiF fans will stoop to goad us into "hating" them.

Well said  :clap

• Content Count:  43

anyone else find this sentence from the article somewhat amusing?

"the Knights have already proven they are capable of defeating anyone this year, falling 35-32 to then-ranked No. 6 Texas."

they proved they are capable of defeating anyone by LOSING? 

???

That is f***ing hilarious.

• Content Count:  635

it's not a rivalry because we don't have any rivals, because we haven't been around long enough to gain any sort of rivalry. we can try and make a natural rivalry with UCF just by playing them every year, but until it's established that we'll see them on the schedule every year, then it's just a short series with a team across the state. like with Miami, Florida, or FAU.

i do like that fans of both teams OBVIOUSLY respond to it as if it is a rivalry, but it'll take time for it to be an actual full-blooded heated rivalry.

• Content Count:  1,238

anyone else find this sentence from the article somewhat amusing?

"the Knights have already proven they are capable of defeating anyone this year, falling 35-32 to then-ranked No. 6 Texas."

they proved they are capable of defeating anyone by LOSING? 

???

That is f***ing hilarious.

Nice catch and haven't we beat them more than... "Although USF won first two meetings between the programs..."???

• Content Count:  81

Personally, I hate this series.... always hated this series... won't support it going forward..  I always show up for Bulls game day at Ray Jay but refuse to travel to UCF... because .... I don't want to play these clowns.  I want to play BCS teams.  If /when UCF is in a BCS conference.... then let's talk... otherwise....  go away spanky.

• Content Count:  72

Although USF won first two meetings between the programs, the Knights have already proven they are capable of defeating anyone this year, falling 35-32 to then-ranked No. 6 Texas.

I think that sums up the UCF mentality nicely.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Article glosses over the most important Bull with regards to this decision... Leavitt.  Doesn't matter what the players want.  Leavitt doesn't want the games, therefore they won't happen.  Fin.

Archived