• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oracle: Bulls Want Series to Continue

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

No UCF, we'll just play Syracuse yearly from here on.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,457

Why play UCF in C-USA when we can play Syracuse each and every year?  This deal was part of our exit from the old conference and our entry into the new conference.  We will whip Syracuse almost every year; instead of poor ole UCF (O'Leary pot of Golden) Knights.

Get real.  We will not continue this rewardless series.  Bulls 3 - UCF 0 (4/0 after next year).

That is no Bulloney!

Personally, I hate this series.... always hated this series... won't support it going forward..  I always show up for Bulls game day at Ray Jay but refuse to travel to UCF... because .... I don't want to play these clowns.  I want to play BCS teams.  If /when UCF is in a BCS conference.... then let's talk... otherwise....  go away spanky.

So I assume you didn't go to FAU and won't be going to FIU next year then??

Rather silly if you ask me. A chance to watch the Bulls for a 7th time in a season is good enough for me.

Why play UCF in C-USA when we can play Syracuse each and every year?  This deal was part of our exit from the old conference and our entry into the new conference.  We will whip Syracuse almost every year; instead of poor ole UCF (O'Leary pot of Golden) Knights.

Get real.  We will not continue this rewardless series.  Bulls 3 - UCF 0 (4/0 after next year).

That is no Bulloney!

What does Syracuse have to do with anything.

The reasons FOR continuing the series... if you were to look at them "objectively"... but none of them are because they are a God awful team.

1) Proximity.  It's a chance for a large segment of USF to travel to see their team play.  (Limited ticket numbers mean just as many could travel to FAU, FIU, or Miami, tho)

2) Similarity in Age, Institutions.  UCF moved up to I-A in 1996, USF 5 years later.  Both are very large, public universities founded in the latter half of the 20th century.  For that reason, many people see USF and UCF in a similar light.  (Of course, we are in the BCS and they are not -- so age is where the similarity ends.)

Okay. That's all I could really come up with.  Sad since I was on the "keep it going" side not long ago... but I am actually looking forward to 2009... "Good bye, UCF. Hello, Miami!"

• Content Count:  81

Personally, I hate this series.... always hated this series... won't support it going forward..  I always show up for Bulls game day at Ray Jay but refuse to travel to UCF... because .... I don't want to play these clowns.  I want to play BCS teams.  If /when UCF is in a BCS conference.... then let's talk... otherwise....   go away spanky.

So I assume you didn't go to FAU and won't be going to FIU next year then??

Rather silly if you ask me. A chance to watch the Bulls for a 7th time in a season is good enough for me.

No... please don't blow this post off. Personally, myself and the people we have seasons tickets with have the same feeling.

I am sorry. I have never wanted a series with UCF..  I have had seasons tickets since day one... supported the foundation five years BEFORE USF football played....  went to Penn State game, went to Auburn game... went to all bowl games... you get the idea.... But I will not support a series between us and UCF.... No interest... nada.... same as FAU... same as FIU..... no interest...

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

When we sweep UCF we should never play them again, force them into second class citzenship.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Not enough upside to this game.  Look at what what happens when we play the like of Auburn OOC

yeah like there is an upside playing elam,wofford or stamford

stop being afraid to play ftu/oc/ou

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

That is no Bulloney!

legislature will force usf to play this series

No... please don't blow this post off. Personally, myself and the people we have seasons tickets with have the same feeling.

I am sorry. I have never wanted a series with UCF..  I have had seasons tickets since day one... supported the foundation five years BEFORE USF football played....  went to Penn State game, went to Auburn game... went to all bowl games... you get the idea.... But I will not support a series between us and UCF.... No interest... nada.... same as FAU... same as FIU..... no interest...

So what you are saying is that you don't support Jim Leavitt's scheduling, then?

USF will never, ever, ever play 5 BCS teams in non-conference games.  We have to play someone in mid-major conferences... and Leavitt wants to play Florida teams: FAMU, FIU, FAU, UCF, BCC, Jacksonville, etc in some long-term rotation.

Your position really doesn't make any sense to me.  Can you explain why you don't want ANY games against these schools?  (I understand not wanting them every year -- CJL and USF don't want that either)... but your position seems to be that USF should never play these schools.

So who do you think we'll play our 5 non-conference games per year against??

And do you support coach Leavitts "we will play I-AA team every year" philosophy??  (I do.)

• Content Count:  2,511

Too many people are missing the point of the article.  The USF players, including the star quarterback, enjoy this rivalry and want it to continue.

Everyone has such a man-crush on Grothe, but when he mentions that he enjoys the series with UCF, you treat him like the short bald guy from Benny Hill by slapping him on the top of his head and shooing him away as if he was an annoyance.

It is as if everyone against the game is saying to the players "Go away little man.  The big men have some beer to drink, so fat bellies to rub, and some armchair quarterbacking to do."

The draw of this series is the players' reaction to the game and how they view the rivalry.  They play the game, not the "Sunday Morning Coaches" in the stands or the tailgate fields.

Archived