• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pick your Running Back for the rest of the 2007 season

Who is your RB?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Days Won:  0

I pick whoever can actually hold onto the ball

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  46

Williams is a beast. But Ford is good aswell. Tough choice but Williams is steady and explosive.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I love Ben, he is tough, works hard, and is a great guy.

However, based on talent alone, if we are going to win the Big East and maybe more, and we could only have one of the three. I would have to take Ford. He has been flat out nasty with limited carries this year. He's not going to get stuffed at the line on short yardage, and he could break a long run at any time. The other plus is that he is a freshman, he is going to work into being a better blocker, he is going to get better at holding on to the ball.

All that said, I think a steady mix is the way to go right now. That assesment was based on the question of only having one of them. Ben might be my favorite guy on the team. I like people that work hard to defy the odds.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The answer is YOU DON'T CHOOSE.  You play them all.  Williams has earned the right to play, and you don't keep a player like ford off the field.

Same goes for Taylor.  They all bring something to the table that makes them dangerous, and splitting time will keep them all fresh.  Alternate them on series, or intra series, whatever, just pound the ball!  Between those 3 and grothe, we should always have a good rushing attack.

• Content Count:  12,293

yea, this isnt the NFL.  you can be very successful with running back by committee.

geez, look at arkansas and clemson....or west virigina for that matter. 

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I picked RBBC.  A few weeks ago, I would have said Ford.  I have changed my mind to the moment to RBBC.  I still think Ford should be getting a lot of carries, but BW has shown great improvement over last year.  Ford, Taylor, and Williams each need carries, but if you pin me down, I would give the most to Ford, but don't mind the rbbc approach for now..

• Content Count:  738

I definitely agree with running back by committee, I was just asking which one would you prefer if you had to chose one.  They are all clearly talented in their own ways.  Ford has a potential to be a first rounder in 4 years if he develops the right way.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

I think Williams has earned the right to play the majority of downs. I think rbbc so long as the coaches don't get caught up in running a certain play with a certain back. We don't need the defenses looking for Ford to run right EVERY TIME he gets in. 

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  9,038

I think that Jamar Taylor will the best RB at the end of the year.

Archived