• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does anyone really believe that we're the 6th best team in the country?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

Based upon this college season and what has happened ON THE FIELD, yes, we are CLEARLY a top 10 team.  Yes, we should be ranked 6th.  Start believing.  This team is not even close to its potential. 

I agree with Smazza (1st time ever).  WVU and Auburn are VERY lucky we didn't embarrass them even more.  We should have blown both out with a slightly better offense. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

the important part is that we are in the 6th slot

and we can keep and or improve upon that by gettingthe job done on the field. Are we that good? THe defense seems up to the task. THe jury is still out on the offense. We have plenty of opportunities to prove ourselves all season long. If we pass those tests-- then yes-- we are that good. Any slip up though and we will plummet out of the top ten short of losing to someone ranked higher.

I think the offense will improve.  You have the freshman running back factor and Grothe is making some silly mistakes lately.  I really like that Taylor and Ford though so I hope they get more and more playing time.  Then you add the wacky dropped passes in...  I think there is a lot of room for improvement.

Still, I prefer this over the "Grothe run every other play and get hurt every 3rd game" offense we had last year.  I am actually pretty excited about this offense and I think they are going to start improving more and more as each game goes on.

• Content Count:  771

Who ever said USF isnt lucky in our wins is correct. As a team, they earned those wins and rightfully so.

As for being number 6th... I have my doubts on that. Top Ten for sure, but 6th in the nation.... I just don't feel comfortable with that number as of yet.

• Content Count:  563

I see what some of  you guys  are  saying  but  what  team  has  done  more  than  us???

Do  you  guys realize that in some of the COMP  Polls that makes up the BCS  have us at 2,3, and 4??

You call it  LUCK but when it keeps  happening I call it  SKILL!!!!!

Sure there are teams that can beat  us but the ONLY team I would really count as a lost 8 or 9 times out of 10 is LSU.Everyone else is beatable atleast 5 out of 10 times IMO.

• Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Do  you  guys realize that in some of the COMP  Polls that makes up the BCS  have us at 2,3, and 4??

That is interesting to me.  Hey, we'll see how it shakes out.  They are in a great position and they definitely have the potential to win every single game in front of them.

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Under the current system, yes we are the 6th best team.  With a subjective ranking of teams, the only subjective ranking in all of sports btw, nobody is truly the best team, or the 2nd best team, or 3rd best team, etc, they are the best team in someone's opinion, but each team can only be compared to other teams based on wins and losses.  Ditch the whole top 25 rankings, set up conference winners and let them play for a national championship, just like they do in every other sport, including Div 1-AA (Or whatever its called now) Div II, Div III, and NAIA. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We definitely should be ranked #6 right now.  That doesn't mean we'll finish there.  We are only one of three teams to have beaten two Top 20 teams this year.  As more of the schedule is played, other teams will have the chance to state their case and we will too.  But as of right now, no one deserves it more.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

In the world of subjective rankings, one poll is as good as another...and what it says about us is as true as what it says about USC.  It's all hogwash, but you asked.

• Content Count:  253

I think we have the potential to be 6 best in the country.  A little more accuracy passing, less drops by the receivers, mainly more offensive consistency and we'll be on track.

• Content Count:  1,528

How can you say without luck against Auburn and West Va we'd be 2-2. What kind of luck did we have in the Auburn game that caused us to miss 4 chip-shot field goals. To me, that is anything BUT luck.

Our offense needs to improve. Our defense will keep us in any game against anyone in the country. I think as the season plays out, more and more people will realize that West Va is a VERY good team, and what we did to Slaton and White will not be duplicated again this season. People downplayed our win against Auburn too, until they saw them play more games.

Our schedule and wins to date, along with the mishaps of other top teams earns us the right to be #6. We weren't given anything. It is hard to move up in the rankings when you start out the season completely unranked. We should be very proud of #6. The season will play out but I have no doubt we will finish this season as a top 10 team. Whether we stay at 6 or higher, depends on our offensive growth.

Archived