• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does anyone really believe that we're the 6th best team in the country?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

You call it  LUCK but when it keeps  happening I call it  SKILL!!!!!

I get what you're saying, but I guess I have trouble grasping the idea that because it happened in 2 games, that means it "keeps happening".  Seriously, do we really anticipate that Rutgers, Cincy, UL and Pitt are going to turn it over 5 or 6 times?  And do we win those games if they don't?

Breaks tend to even themselves out over the season, and I'm just worried that all our good breaks came early and have been used up.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

There is nothing Lucky about most of the turnovers we've gotten.  If you make a textbook tackle, helmet on the ball, and the ball pops out, that is not luck.

Will we get those turnovers against the other teams?  I don't know, but if we do, it is because we are good at causing turnovers.

We've had one luck turnover that I have seen... slaton dropping the handoff... and that was because he was rattled... so is it luck that he panicked?  or just that he realized how good we are on d?

• Content Count:  35

Are we #6???  Who care, the rankings say we are so let's do like in Las Vegas and....LET IT RIDE BABY!!!!!

• Content Count:  173

Not sure we're the 6th best team in the nation but we are very deserving of the #6 ranking.

No one would raise an eyebrow if it was Louisville, Rutgers and West Virginia and, quite frankly, right now we are better than all of them.

In a single game, we can compete with anyone.  I don't know that we could play a schedule like Florida's and play that many quality teams week in and week out but we will get there.

• Content Count:  75

I keep hearing how we have gotten lucky to get the turnovers and balls bounced our way BUT I really believe we are alot better than the scores projected. If we had not missed 4 field goals against Auburn the score wouldn't have been close. Our team won despite having a really bad day on special teams. Auburn was very lucky to take that game into overtime. As far as West Virginia goes. We dominated the game and if we hadn't turned the ball over so much we would have blown them out. The turnnover excuse goes both ways. These teams were lucky the games weren't routs by USF. All this being said, we really need to get our running game going. If we begin to dominate the with our run, our defense will stay fresh the whole game. then we'll really start to see a few blowouts. Run the ball and if you can't then pass if you must.

• Content Count:  563

How many did we have versus UNC???We  are doing versus everyone we play and doing it better versus out stiffest competition.In 3 of 4 games we have cause FOUR or more turnovers.Only one we didnt cause when Faninn(sp)just dropped  that handoff...Even then we can say he was rattled or  something.

The  D  is  amazing.Do you guys realize how many AA candidates we will have on  D this  year?

M.Jenkins

T.Williams

Bigg Benn

Selvie

and maybe even Nate Allen!!!he has like 30 tackles,3 picks,2 FF and 2 FR.

We have won  atleast 6 Defensive awards already.Nothing about our  D  is  luck!

I forgot T-Mac and brouce are having great  years.

There is nothing Lucky about most of the turnovers we've gotten.  If you make a textbook tackle, helmet on the ball, and the ball pops out, that is not luck.

Will we get those turnovers against the other teams?  I don't know, but if we do, it is because we are good at causing turnovers.

We've had one luck turnover that I have seen... slaton dropping the handoff... and that was because he was rattled... so is it luck that he panicked?  or just that he realized how good we are on d?

Couldnt have said it better  myself!!!!

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

YES, I BELIEVE!

I said before the season that I didn't think anyone in the BE would go undefeated without that

"special" season.  I still believe that. Can we go undefeated? YES WE CAN!

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  4,451

George S. (S for Superman) is averaging 4.1 TFLs per game...THAT'S PER GAME!  HOLY MOLY!  IDK about AA but most of the Bull D should be on the All BE teams.  Heck, Moffit for AA...McKenzie arguably may be the best LB but all three are playing pure lites out.  You can't take anything from Bruce M. either. 

The  thing  about  Bigg  Benn is  that  along  with being a tackling machine he also has  3  picks  with  one  for  a  TD.How  many  other  MLB  have  that?

Im not  saying  they  all make it  but  they all have  a  chance.

I wasnt puting Tmac and brouce on  there I just wanted to give them props.

Archived