• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does anyone really believe that we're the 6th best team in the country?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

An FAU Fan stalking smack - now that is funny!

It is funny.  And he's been a good sport.  So far I think I'm putting FAU on my list next to Auburn as teams to root for when we aren't playing them.

Sidebar: Wisconsin losing, maybe #5?  Gotta take care of business today.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

I like that we have the opportunity to "ride the wave" and I think its childish the way so many around the nation have taken the opportunity to slam USF, but does anyone seriously believe that there are only 5 teams out there that could beat us?  Did anyone really believe that Kentucky was the 8th best team in the country?

What are there, 119 Div 1-A (or whatever they call it now) teams out there?  Based upon our games so far, I *might* put us in the top 20 if I really started looking at it on a team by team basis, but I think I could pretty easily come up with a dozen teams that would be likely to beat us.  We've clearly gotten some good breaks and good bounces in both the Auburn and WVU games.  Those bounce the other way and we're looking at 2-2 rather than 4-0. 

I'm enjoying the moment, but I've been hesitant to get too wrapped up in looking ahead.  We've still got FAU, UCF, Rutgers, UConn, Cincy, Cuse, UL and Pitt and I really don't think we're going to keep getting the lucky breaks, on a consistent basis, for 8 more games.  We can probably get through a couple unlucky bounces in a couple of those games, but we need to be near flawless against Cincy, Rutgers and maybe UL or we're going to find ourselves back in reality.

what are you talking about? lucky breaks...

did we win a game on a 57 yd FG after the other team jumped offfsides to give us the 5yds we needed?

what i see is a team D playing lights out and getting turnovers.

do you realise IF our O score on half those TO's we would have blown out every team thus far.

you make this sound like UF last year vs usc (Blocked FG to preserve the win)

please give some examples to justify your "lucky breaks" comments

• Content Count:  401

We are the top 6 team in the country right now, but on any given Saturday any team

#'s 3-30 can beat each other.

• Content Count:  1,457

Sounds like someone is smoking some Crac%!  Be a good apprentice and get on board.  Of course we are #6 and getting ready to move up - get a grip on the stem bud.

Archived