• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good Pizza "Joint?"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

Eddie & Sams Pizza downtown!!  There is no pizza in Tampa that is closer to a NYC slice than right here.  2 Pepp and a drink for $5.50, can't beat it!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Eddie & Sams Pizza downtown!!  There is no pizza in Tampa that is closer to a NYC slice than right here.  2 Pepp and a drink for $5.50, can't beat it!

The only 2 pizza's that matter are Cappy's (I prefer the one on Florida) and Eddie and Sam's.

I'll give a sentimental nod to Tate Bros. since it is in my old stomping grounds, but the other 2 have much better pies.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Lenny & Vinny's - its in the plaza just south of MacDinton's in South Tampa.  (Howard & Armenia)

It's great pie, but it's not "on the way".  However, it's only about 10 minutes out of your way...run up Howard and head across Columbus and BOOM, you're at RayJay!

• Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for all the good tips.  Meet ya'll at the game.  Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  1,757

Sally O'greasy-neals and Cappy's are overrated in my book... Go to Paci's on Dale Mabry (1 block south of Bay to Bay).  Best NY style pizza in town.  Only about 10 minutes south of I-275. 

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Sally O'greasy-neals and Cappy's are overrated in my book... Go to Paci's on Dale Mabry (1 block south of Bay to Bay).  Best NY style pizza in town.  Only about 10 minutes south of I-275. 

What time you arriving to tailgate, beeyotch?  =)

• Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

Check the pm.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I've heard about Eddie & Sams, but I just haven't had a chance to eat there yet.

Have you tried Alphonso's?

I lived in Brooklyn, NY for many years and Alphonso's makes as close to a real NYC pizza as any I've had anywhere in Florida. He also makes a very good Sicilian Pizza. His son goes to USF, but his dad won't let him off work to see the WVU game. If you go there tell him to let his boy go.  I already did. LOL

• Content Count:  1,266

I've heard about Eddie & Sams, but I just haven't had a chance to eat there yet.

Have you tried Alphonso's?

I lived in Brooklyn, NY for many years and Alphonso's makes as close to a real NYC pizza as any I've had anywhere in Florida. He also makes a very good Sicilian Pizza. His son goes to USF, but his dad won't let him off work to see the WVU game. If you go there tell him to let his boy go.  I already did. LOL

I haven't tried Alphonso's, might just have to.  I have had Paci's pizza before which someone eluded to earlier in the thread.  Definately good pizza, but IMO not even in the same league as Eddie & Sams.

• Content Count:  5,691

Mama Bull I grew up in Canarsie (left when I was 18 to come to USF) and Eddie and Sams is the REAL deal

I go everytime I get back to Tampa..(Hey even truck down the water.

Archived