• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good Pizza "Joint?"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Mama Bull I grew up in Canarsie (left when I was 18 to come to USF) and Eddie and Sams is the REAL deal

I go everytime I get back to Tampa..(Hey even truck down the water.

We lived in Bay Ridge OVER a Pizza joint. LOL

It's funny you mention the water. I had a conversation with Alphonso about whether Eddie and Sam actually trucked down their water right after the UNC game, on our way home from the stadium. He said he doesn't believe it. He said if he had to truck in water he would have to sell pies for $20. So, I'm a little skeptical about that.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

They have the bottles in the pizzaria

It is actually bottled water from upstate ny which is exactly where NYC water comes from

I pay 18 for a large pie here only one place in chi town that sells NY pizza and its not as good as e and s

Go give it a try

They have the bottles in the pizzaria

It is actually bottled water from upstate ny which is exactly where NYC water comes from

I pay 18 for a large pie here only one place in chi town that sells NY pizza and its not as good as e and s

Go give it a try

Yeah, NYC water comes from the upstate Hudson river.

Alphonso tells me his water comes from the Hillsborough river.

He really didn't think it made much of a difference.

His son said he tried their pie just to see what it was like, and it was no better than his own. Of course,  I wouldn't expect him to say otherwise. LOL

Anyway, I already have going to Eddie & Sam on my to do list, but I hear they aren't open very late, and so I need to find a convenient time.

• Content Count:  5,691

Sorry but we all know the water in Tampa sucks! I couldn't even drink that stuff if you put it through a britta filter

Sorry but we all know the water in Tampa sucks! I couldn't even drink that stuff if you put it through a britta filter

On that we can agree! LOL

I either boil mine or buy bottled water.

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Yep - we agree I always remember buying bottled water down there.

Yeah, drank bottled water for my 4 years in Tampa, water was so bad I couldn't even slum it at steak and shake and just have a water with my meal, had to order a soda

• Content Count:  213

Give Panaranna a try if you're coming in from the north --it's at Busch and Himes.

• Content Count:  400

chain- Subway pizza (seriously). or Gumby's, south of gandy on dale mabry (at least, i think it's still there)

Cappy's is so freaking overrated.. it's up there with Kojak's in terms of biproducts of the South Tampa hype.

Eddie and Sam's downtown is the truth.

Archived