• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reality check for USF: What it will take to beat WVU...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

WVstatechamp1990,

I'm calling to confirm your reservations to thebullspen.com cafe for Saturday morning.

Our menu for that morning will be:

- Roasted Crow

- Fried Crow

- Grilled Crow

- Baked Crow

All to be serve with a side of your choice of roadkill, cooked over an open flame from a buring coach.

We look forward to your arrival.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

dude do you have life? its seems like you've been sitting at your computer the entire day on this message board trying to rile people up...

and it looks like he is doing a good job of it.

• Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Reality check for USF:  What it will take to beat WVU... is the perfect game from USF and some mistakes from visiting WVU.

Offensively:  Edge goes clearly to WVU.  The Mountaineers come into this game averaging over 47 PPG and giving up 17.  The Bulls are scoring 30 PPG and giving up just over 15.  Concerning points allowed both teams are very close and if both defenses play to thier potential then this game is going to come down to offensive execution, where the powerhouse running game and playaction/quick passing game of WVU will just score more points.

Defensively:  Edge on stats goes to USF but then again, this early in the season defensive stats mean little when both teams have played subpar opponents.  This will be the first real test for both teams defensively and the stats that come out of this game will be a good indication of the rest for the remainder of the season. 

Overall, this game is going to come down to USF scoring touch downs on at least 2 of thier first 3 possessions and trying to hold WVU to as many FGs as possible.  If USF allows WVU to stop them early and pull out to a 2+ TD lead I do not think the USF offense has enough firepower to come back from that deficeit.  USF has to force fumbles from sure handed WVU running backs and take away the WVU bubble screens, while at the same time somehow stopping the FB dive plays up the middle on the WVU zone read option plays.  Not an easy task and that is why I think WVU is going to be handing the Bulls thier first lost this season.

Basically, what you're saying is that since WVU has beaten weaker opponents by more points, they're better overall and USF needs its A game?  What?

How about managing actual strategy...like how USF defenders will have to mimic their play from last year in being disciplined and executing solid space-tackling?  How about pointing out that since WVU runs the 3-3-5 stack, USF will need some deep passes to move the ball and get WVU safeties away from the line?  Jenkins and Williams in run support vs the WVU receivers...which run much more than conventional receivers...should be interesting too.

If all you have to say is "WVU blew out inferior competition so USF better look out", you don't have anything to say.  Don't bother.  Personally, I'm looking forward to a good game.  This could go a long way towards deciding the big east title.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Here is how this game is going to pan out.

WVU wins the toss and defers.  USF punts on its opening drive after gain 2-3 first downs because it has no faith in its kicker.  WVU starts out on thier own 9 yard line and drives 13 plays eating up 7 minutes off the clock and puts in a TD.  The next series USF starts on their 40 yardline due to a bad kickoff, they manage to get a touchdown but your starting running back goes out with a torn ACL on the TD play.  This now limits USF to passing attack only.  WVU scores on its 2nd possession with a 3 play drive and burns your safety over the middle on a slant route for a TD.  WVU 14-7.  Since USF no longer has a running game, WVU starts blitzing and puts Grothe down 2 times and forces a punt.  WVU returns the punt for a TD and takes the 21-7 lead near the end of the 2nd quarter.  Grothe gets nervous and knows he has to score.  He is pressured on the next drive with both the clock running out toward halftime and the WVU blitzers pushing him out of the pocket.  Grothe scrambles and fails to see WVU LB Magro in the middle and gets picked off with 2:31 to go in the 2nd quarter.  WVU runs the clock out with a 37 yard FG and pushes the score up to 24-7.  WVU comes out in the 2nd half and White hits Reynaud deep on the first play from scrimmage with a 75 yard TD pass down the sideline.  WVU 31-7.  USF gets the ball and thier backup running back fumbles, WVU recovers on the USF 18 yardline.  Slaton runs the sweep in from 18 to put WVU up 38-7 in the 3rd quarter.... ESPN breaks away to cover womens soccer in China.

Come on guys....leave this guy alone. By this post it is obvious, WVstatechamp1990 is a kid. Maybe he was born in 1990 or his big brother or dad was state champ of something in 1990. But he took some serious time to fantasize the whole game, didn't bother to worry about details. (i.e your starting RB) He likes offense, what kid doesn't like offense over defense. He a WVU fan was worried about Louisville prior to 2 weeks ago.  Really? Prior to the season I thought WVU would beat Louisville and I'm not even a WVU fan. Yet now that everyone is beating UofL he is no longer worried. He's not scared anymore.

Hey little buckaroo it will be okay. If there are some things that you don't like on Friday night just change the channel to the Cartoon Network or the Disney Channel. Then you can go to bed at halftime Friday night dreaming about Slanton and White scoring touchdowns with the surgarplum fairys. Everything will be just like you dreamed  ;D

• Content Count:  1,457

Reality check for USF:  What it will take to beat WVU... is the perfect game from USF and some mistakes from visiting WVU.

Offensively:  Edge goes clearly to WVU.  The Mountaineers come into this game averaging over 47 PPG and giving up 17.  The Bulls are scoring 30 PPG and giving up just over 15.  Concerning points allowed both teams are very close and if both defenses play to thier potential then this game is going to come down to offensive execution, where the powerhouse running game and playaction/quick passing game of WVU will just score more points.

Defensively:  Edge on stats goes to USF but then again, this early in the season defensive stats mean little when both teams have played subpar opponents.  This will be the first real test for both teams defensively and the stats that come out of this game will be a good indication of the rest for the remainder of the season. 

Overall, this game is going to come down to USF scoring touch downs on at least 2 of thier first 3 possessions and trying to hold WVU to as many FGs as possible.  If USF allows WVU to stop them early and pull out to a 2+ TD lead I do not think the USF offense has enough firepower to come back from that deficeit.  USF has to force fumbles from sure handed WVU running backs and take away the WVU bubble screens, while at the same time somehow stopping the FB dive plays up the middle on the WVU zone read option plays.  Not an easy task and that is why I think WVU is going to be handing the Bulls thier first lost this season.

This is your tragic flaw; let me expound.  It will not "Overall" come down to who kicks the most field goals.  WVA should not automatically assume that the "early" offensive edge goes to the visitors.  Let me clarify as to why - USF is a Defensive giant; enough said no matter how many games we have played.  I figure, roughly, the USF Defensive system has played 112 games.  They got it!

Secondly, Delbert (our HOME kicker) was PERFECT last week against the poor ole ACC.  He will make his PAT's and the occassional field goal when Grothe gets frisky.  He is a Field General (4 star now - wait until you catch us on the road next year at your HOME); soon to have his 5th Star (and future Heisman).

Do Doubt here!

See you for a cigar at 1/2 time!

Peace,

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  4,642

statechamps is in LOSER DENIAL!!!!

He/she cannot face the fact that his ONE SIDED, OVERRATED team is going to LOSE!  ha!  You suck, you jackass!

• Content Count:  218

Just finished up playing a round on the old XBOX360.

WVU first two possessions were White fumbling after scrambling down the left side for 30 yards, then White getting hit as he threw downfield and picked off.  USF had an early 7-0 lead on WVU, but WVU came back and it was 14-7 at the half.  WVU got the ball to start the 3rd quarter and never looked back.  Grothe was picked 2 times, one returned for a TD and the other was in the endzone robbing USF from a score.  Final was WVU 31 - USF 7.

Lets see how things are going in 46 hours!

• Content Count:  218

I challenge any and all USF fans!

Load up the game on your XBOX360 and let the computer play the game out.  Post your results here.  I ran it 3 times this week and the results were all the same.  WVU > USF. 

Just win baby!  2008 National Champions, West Virginia Mountaineers!

• Content Count:  21

WOW!!Seriously,I didn't expect that WVU fan was going post that they lost in his XBOX360 to USF. You are biggest loser,I ever seen. Let me ask you something,how do you play your XBOX360?Don't you need electricity for that,something that West Virginia lack?I known that XBOX306 doesn't work with coal or kerosene.

Seriously three easy things you could to entertain yourself:

1. Burn a Couch - It seems that in WVU thats the pasttime

2. Get new teeths - To replace your non-existant.

3. Get girlfriend - To relieve your apparent sexual frustration. By the way hillbilly,none of your cousins or sisters count as girlfriend. You need find somebody who isn't related to you.

• Content Count:  4,642

I challenge any and all USF fans!

Load up the game on your XBOX360 and let the computer play the game out.  Post your results here.  I ran it 3 times this week and the results were all the same.  WVU > USF. 

Just win baby!  2008 National Champions, West Virginia Mountaineers!

Are you craving the meat pole?  Wow!  Is this how they do it in Western Virginia?  You have to be kidding me!  YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE!  YOU NEED UNDERSTAND THAT!

Look the first step is to admit you have a problem.  We can't help you unless you can come out and just say, "We have a rediculously overrated team."

Keep dreaming if you think that XBox is a good indicator of real life!  You're clueless!!!!!!!    :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

Archived