• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Magnitude of this Game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

When I look at this game, all I see is opportunity. The way I see it, USF will have 25,000 people who are wanting to be won over. Finally, there is a buzz and finally there is a reason for these football fans to want to pay attention to USF football.

In my opinion, a win on friday night not only means a top 12 ranking, but it means that never again will the upper deck be closed for a USF football game. Ever. A win friday night means 50,000+ for every game from here on out...without question.

A win friday night WILL make a large number of those 25,000 fans change their allegiance to USF. This is Tampa. We've seen it before. It happened with the Bucs, it happened with the Lightning, and a win on friday night will be THE turning point for USF and it's fan base.

*crosses fingers*

• Content Count:  159

I'm all for that ... IF (and I stress this) ... those 25,000 individuals are not fairweather fans. I cannot stand fairweather fans.

Good seasons, bad seasons, I'm a Bull to the Bone.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

When I look at this game, all I see is opportunity. The way I see it, USF will have 25,000 people who are wanting to be won over. Finally, there is a buzz and finally there is a reason for these football fans to want to pay attention to USF football.

In my opinion, a win on friday night not only means a top 12 ranking, but it means that never again will the upper deck be closed for a USF football game. Ever. A win friday night means 50,000+ for every game from here on out...without question.

A win friday night WILL make a large number of those 25,000 fans change their allegiance to USF. This is Tampa. We've seen it before. It happened with the Bucs, it happened with the Lightning, and a win on friday night will be THE turning point for USF and it's fan base.

*crosses fingers*

I thought the bucs success and jump in fan base was due to their uniform change ???

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,004
  • Days Won:  469

*crosses fingers*

That's been my conversation much of this week - how key it is with this 25-30K of new fans in RJS that we do well and win over many of them.  It's a pivotal time in that regard.  We have got to compete.

• Content Count:  808

*crosses fingers*

While I think you're a little optimistic on the 50k for every home game, I do agree that this could be a huge turning point for USF. This is the game that (if we win), people will firmly establish in their minds that USF is the big time.

I can hear the talk already. "Could USF beat Florida?"...haha. God I hope Im not jinxing us

• Content Count:  294

I love filling the stadium, but I know we are doing so with alot of the more casual fans. That's fine. Over the next few years, most casual fan will be squeezed out, because every year more die hard fans are born. Die hard fans buy season tickets and keep them.

• Content Count:  1,260

I agree that this game could do alot for the fanbase...but next year will tell the real story. Next year we'll have L'ville, WVU, and UCF all on the road...so we'll find out how many converts we've made from the casual fan....

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

No matter how you look at it this game is huge.

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I agree that this game could do alot for the fanbase...but next year will tell the real story. Next year we'll have L'ville, WVU, and UCF all on the road...so we'll find out how many converts we've made from the casual fan....

Totally agree!  Rutgers and UConn are the most appealing home games.. The schedule makers are not kind next year.. But oh... Two years from now will be incredible!

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I would say I'm polishing my horns, getting ready for the game...  But it sounds too dirty.

Archived