• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU was injured last year

SANJAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I am tired of hearing how WVU, particularly Slaton and White, were injured when we played last year.  Aside from the fact that injuries are a part of the game and that we had our own injury issues, I decided to see how badly they were injured (and therefore statistically hampered) before and after they payed us.

November 16 @ Pitt (Week before USF)

Total Net Yards 641

White passing - 11/16 204 yards

White Rushing - 22rushes - 220yards

Slaton rushing - 23 rushes - 215 yards

Reynaud Receiving - 4 catches  64 yards

Slaton Recieving - 6 catches 130 yards

Dec. 2 Rutgers (Week after USF)

White did not play due to injury

Total net yards 452

Jarret Brown (backup QB) 14/29 244 yards 1 INT

Brown Rushing - 17 for 73

Slaton Rushing 23 for 112

Slaton Receiving 3 for 37

Reynaud receiving 1 for 26

Jollah Receiving 4 for 92

Miles receiving 4 for 63

Against USF

Total Net Yards 310

White Passing 14/22 178 2 INTs

Slaton Rushing 18 for 43

White Rushing 15 for 17

Myles Receiving  6 for 95 

Reynaud Receiving 3 for 34 

Jalloh Receiving 2 for 22   

Bolden Receiving 1 for 19 

Slaton Receiving 2 for 8

I think the stats @ Pitt and then against us are inredible in their difference.  I am not saying we are guaranteed to win this year, but just pointing out that it wasn't about injuries last year.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah this excuse is pretty wack indeed.  Slaton was hurt so bad they gave him the ball 23 times the following game  ::)  Ill give them white as he was out the following week but the Slaton excuse is BS.  Either Rich Rodriguez doesn't care about his kids health and gave him 23 carries the following week or the Slaton injury is just an excuse.  Also don't buy that they were flat either as they were playing for a birth in a BCS bowl.  If you cant get up for playing to be in a BCS bowl then you cant get up for anything.  Excuses are like ******** everyone has one and they all stink. 

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

White got hurt in the game because our D was knocking the crap out of him all game. Sour grapes using that excuse. We outplayed WVU last season, plain and simple.

• Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry, but I respectfully beg to differ.  Pat White came into the USF game hurt last year (can't remember if in practice or late in the game vs. Pitt).  Shouldn't have played against you guys because of being hurt.  Didn't play the following week because of how bad he performed due to injury against USF.  I think you guys are hanging your hat too much on stopping a one headed monster in Morgantown last year. When both are healthy there isn't anyone in the country that can stop us.  I promise you that we will move the football on you guys Friday and score more points on you than anyone has in the last few years.  The Bulls that will be running loose on Friday will be wearing white jerseys.

• Content Count:  291

Sorry, but I respectfully beg to differ.  Pat White came into the USF game hurt last year (can't remember if in practice or late in the game vs. Pitt).  Shouldn't have played against you guys because of being hurt.  Didn't play the following week because of how bad he performed due to injury against USF.  I think you guys are hanging your hat too much on stopping a one headed monster in Morgantown last year. When both are healthy there isn't anyone in the country that can stop us.  I promise you that we will move the football on you guys Friday and score more points on you than anyone has in the last few years.  The Bulls that will be running loose on Friday will be wearing white jerseys.

LSU and USC would poop on your team. They are to fast on defense and to physical.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry, but I respectfully beg to differ.  Pat White came into the USF game hurt last year (can't remember if in practice or late in the game vs. Pitt).  Shouldn't have played against you guys because of being hurt.  Didn't play the following week because of how bad he performed due to injury against USF.  I think you guys are hanging your hat too much on stopping a one headed monster in Morgantown last year. When both are healthy there isn't anyone in the country that can stop us.   I promise you that we will move the football on you guys Friday and score more points on you than anyone has in the last few years.  The Bulls that will be running loose on Friday will be wearing white jerseys.

LSU and USC would poop on your team. They are to fast on defense and to physical.

i wouldn't go that far... i bet wvu could compete with them on wvu's best day.

• Content Count:  39

First of all I apologize with my previous post.....I got carried away because I get a little sensitive when I know the difference a healthy Pat White makes.  Again with all due respect, Georgia said the same things when we beat them.  I have alot of respect for USF and wish you well.  I hope my trip to Ray Jay doesn't change that.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Sorry, but I respectfully beg to differ.  Pat White came into the USF game hurt last year (can't remember if in practice or late in the game vs. Pitt).  Shouldn't have played against you guys because of being hurt.  Didn't play the following week because of how bad he performed due to injury against USF.  I think you guys are hanging your hat too much on stopping a one headed monster in Morgantown last year. When both are healthy there isn't anyone in the country that can stop us.   I promise you that we will move the football on you guys Friday and score more points on you than anyone has in the last few years.  The Bulls that will be running loose on Friday will be wearing white jerseys.

Why don't you just admit that they were stopped cold and quit making excuses.  Every team has injuries, part of the game.  WVU was beat fair and square last year.  If you win this year, you deserve it, if not, then you don't.  Don't want to hear any excuses.  

Here are some more ready made excuses for last year...

Pat White was injured going into the game.

Slaton hurt his wrist earlier.

The crowd wasn't into it.

It was a sandwich game.

Our players had no emotion.

We were without our best players.

They caught us by surprise.

We were looking ahead.

Get the idea, if you win fine, if not don't make any excuses.

Archived