• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU was injured last year

SANJAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Sorry, but I respectfully beg to differ.  Pat White came into the USF game hurt last year (can't remember if in practice or late in the game vs. Pitt).  Shouldn't have played against you guys because of being hurt.  Didn't play the following week because of how bad he performed due to injury against USF.  I think you guys are hanging your hat too much on stopping a one headed monster in Morgantown last year. When both are healthy there isn't anyone in the country that can stop us.  I promise you that we will move the football on you guys Friday and score more points on you than anyone has in the last few years.  The Bulls that will be running loose on Friday will be wearing white jerseys.

Nice try, but White was 100% going into the game, but not once it was over.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry, but I respectfully beg to differ.  Pat White came into the USF game hurt last year (can't remember if in practice or late in the game vs. Pitt).  Shouldn't have played against you guys because of being hurt.  Didn't play the following week because of how bad he performed due to injury against USF.  I think you guys are hanging your hat too much on stopping a one headed monster in Morgantown last year. When both are healthy there isn't anyone in the country that can stop us.   I promise you that we will move the football on you guys Friday and score more points on you than anyone has in the last few years.  The Bulls that will be running loose on Friday will be wearing white jerseys.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_485746.html

This says he got injured during the game versus USF and not prior to it.  

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=263290277

Notice, no mention of an injury in the game summary.  White started saying he was injured afterwards.  He probably was injured during the game, but high ankle sprains actually can feel okay immediately after an injury but a few hours later it hurts like a mofo.  I've had two from basketball.  I don't think it hampered White all that much for that game.

WVU is a great team, but we went in to Morgantown and won.  You can make all the injury excuses you want to cover for the loss, but we shut down Slaton and made White ineffective.  We cannot take West Virginia for granted, but this team knows that we can shut you down.  Our secondary may be the best in the nation and could allow us to stack more men up front to stop the run and dare White to challenge our defensive backs.  We can harass Pat White as well.  I'm hoping that he remembers who injured him last year.

We're also going to have around 60,000 of our own people this year.  We play well on the road, as demonstrated at Auburn and in Morgantown, but we play even better at home.  If WVU wins then more power to you, but no need to make excuses for last year.

• Content Count:  39

Not an excuse just a fact.....a fact that you will find out for yourself on Friday night.  Pat White is one of the most dynamic football players in college football.  2005 when healthy 177 yards rushing.....2006 injured....17 yards rushing............you can't stop them both and you will find that out Friday night.  As far as being delusional, that Auburn win isn't looking so great right now is it Bulls fans???  Mississippi State went in the next week and housed Auburn in a much more convincing manner.....Mississippi State???  Big time college football is coming to Tampa on Friday.  You still have a ways to go to be the top dog in the Big East.

• Content Count:  291

Sorry, but I respectfully beg to differ.  Pat White came into the USF game hurt last year (can't remember if in practice or late in the game vs. Pitt).  Shouldn't have played against you guys because of being hurt.  Didn't play the following week because of how bad he performed due to injury against USF.  I think you guys are hanging your hat too much on stopping a one headed monster in Morgantown last year. When both are healthy there isn't anyone in the country that can stop us.  I promise you that we will move the football on you guys Friday and score more points on you than anyone has in the last few years.  The Bulls that will be running loose on Friday will be wearing white jerseys.

LSU and USC would poop on your team. They are to fast on defense and to physical.

i wouldn't go that far... i bet wvu could compete with them on wvu's best day.

Not in the sense of a 50-12 beating, but they would be to strong of a team, and would win by atleast 21.

Sorry, but I respectfully beg to differ.  Pat White came into the USF game hurt last year (can't remember if in practice or late in the game vs. Pitt).  Shouldn't have played against you guys because of being hurt.  Didn't play the following week because of how bad he performed due to injury against USF.  I think you guys are hanging your hat too much on stopping a one headed monster in Morgantown last year. When both are healthy there isn't anyone in the country that can stop us.   I promise you that we will move the football on you guys Friday and score more points on you than anyone has in the last few years.  The Bulls that will be running loose on Friday will be wearing white jerseys.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_485746.html

This says he got injured during the game versus USF and not prior to it.  

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=263290277

Notice, no mention of an injury in the game summary.  White started saying he was injured afterwards.  He probably was injured during the game, but high ankle sprains actually can feel okay immediately after an injury but a few hours later it hurts like a mofo.  I've had two from basketball.  I don't think it hampered White all that much for that game.

WVU is a great team, but we went in to Morgantown and won.  You can make all the injury excuses you want to cover for the loss, but we shut down Slaton and made White ineffective.  We cannot take West Virginia for granted, but this team knows that we can shut you down.  Our secondary may be the best in the nation and could allow us to stack more men up front to stop the run and dare White to challenge our defensive backs.  We can harass Pat White as well.  I'm hoping that he remembers who injured him last year.

We're also going to have around 60,000 of our own people this year.  We play well on the road, as demonstrated at Auburn and in Morgantown, but we play even better at home.  If WVU wins then more power to you, but no need to make excuses for last year.

If you watch the game you can tell that White couldn't make the cuts that he normally makes.  By the way, who cares how many fans you are going to have at the game.  If you haven't noticed we play pretty well on the road also.  We have lost one away game in the last three years and that was at Louisville last year.  For you guys to think that 65,000 fans are gonna rattle our guys you need to understand that we are used to playing in big time environments.  We are like the Yankees, we sell out at home and on the road. 

Not an excuse just a fact.....a fact that you will find out for yourself on Friday night.  Pat White is one of the most dynamic football players in college football.  2005 when healthy 177 yards rushing.....2006 injured....17 yards rushing............you can't stop them both and you will find that out Friday night.  As far as being delusional, that Auburn win isn't looking so great right now is it Bulls fans???  Mississippi State went in the next week and housed Auburn in a much more convincing manner.....Mississippi State???  Big time college football is coming to Tampa on Friday.  You still have a ways to go to be the top dog in the Big East.

You were just proved wrong with the articles ahead of you he wasnt injured, so why are you referring he was again. As for Auburn win not being so good? A ranked SEC team on the road in 1 of the loudest stadiums in the country, is always a good win. Yea they lost to Miss. St, but anyone who knows something about football knows the worst SEC team is better than 50% of D1-A teams. Plain and simple.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I actually enjoy watching wvu play.  They are a great team and I think they could compete with lsu and usc.  Don't know if they would win, but they would compete.  I just don't want to hear any excuses for the next year if we beat them, like we are hearing about last year's game.

If you watch the game you can tell that White couldn't make the cuts that he normally makes.  By the way, who cares how many fans you are going to have at the game.  If you haven't noticed we play pretty well on the road also.  We have lost one away game in the last three years and that was at Louisville last year.  For you guys to think that 65,000 fans are gonna rattle our guys you need to understand that we are used to playing in big time environments.  We are like the Yankees, we sell out at home and on the road. 

Not an excuse just a fact.....a fact that you will find out for yourself on Friday night.  Pat White is one of the most dynamic football players in college football.  2005 when healthy 177 yards rushing.....2006 injured....17 yards rushing............you can't stop them both and you will find that out Friday night.  As far as being delusional, that Auburn win isn't looking so great right now is it Bulls fans???  Mississippi State went in the next week and housed Auburn in a much more convincing manner.....Mississippi State???  Big time college football is coming to Tampa on Friday.  You still have a ways to go to be the top dog in the Big East.

You were just proved wrong with the articles ahead of you he wasnt injured, so why are you referring he was again. As for Auburn win not being so good? A ranked SEC team on the road in 1 of the loudest stadiums in the country, is always a good win. Yea they lost to Miss. St, but anyone who knows something about football knows the worst SEC team is better than 50% of D1-A teams. Plain and simple.

The same Mississippi State team that we drilled 42-14 in their house last year!!

The same Mississippi State team that we drilled 42-14 in their house last year!!

I did not state they are better then the upper echelon of teams. Just stating, the SEC is harder than you think and they all have talent, meaning any team can beat anyone. Hint - Ole Miss almost beating Florida.

Archived