• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU was injured last year

SANJAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

If you watch the game you can tell that White couldn't make the cuts that he normally makes.  By the way, who cares how many fans you are going to have at the game.  If you haven't noticed we play pretty well on the road also.  We have lost one away game in the last three years and that was at Louisville last year.  For you guys to think that 65,000 fans are gonna rattle our guys you need to understand that we are used to playing in big time environments.  We are like the Yankees, we sell out at home and on the road. 

Like the yankees? Hardly atleast the Yankees have won like 24 championships to your um "zero". And thinking USF can't play in big games, is odd. Penn State, 100,000+, Alabama, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Auburn. But sure your like the Yankees and sell-out everywhere. I would sure hope for playing the game for 116 years would allow you to sell out your own stadium.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I wasn't comparing championships.......I was talking about attendance!  Everywhere we go it is their game of the new century.  Louisville black out, Maryland black out, and now you guys are gonna green us out.  

That tends to be the case when you are ranked in the top 5 and you play teams that aren't ranked.

• Content Count:  1,204

If you watch the game you can tell that White couldn't make the cuts that he normally makes.  By the way, who cares how many fans you are going to have at the game.  If you haven't noticed we play pretty well on the road also.  We have lost one away game in the last three years and that was at Louisville last year.  For you guys to think that 65,000 fans are gonna rattle our guys you need to understand that we are used to playing in big time environments.  We are like the Yankees, we sell out at home and on the road. 

I did watch the game after having watched a couple of other WVU games on ESPN Gameplan because of my affinity for the Big East.  White didn't look any different in his cuts, he just ended up seeing that USF guys were already there.

You can point to the game of two years ago but our defense is far better than it was then.

Our offense is also better than last year.  Grothe was our only running threat and our receivers often got the dropsies.  They've been better this year at catching the ball and the emergence of Mike Ford, Jamar Taylor, and Ben Williams has given us a real running game.  We're going to be a lot tougher than we were last year on your defense.  Can they stop us?

Are you going to come back here and take your lumps if we beat you and stop Slaton, Devine, and White?  

If I were you I wouldn't be so confident.  You can make all the excuses you want, but no one shut you down before or since USF played you.  NO ONE.  You guys are awesome.  Slaton and White are great players, but our defense is loaded with them.

Now runaway and figure out what injury you're going to say Pat White had this year before the game.  Maybe you can switch it over to Steve Slaton this year.  Let's say he pulled his groin doing leg lifts or on a cut in practice or something like that.  Maybe Rich Rodriguez was also distracted by something.  Let's say he's got blue collar family at GM and was so concerned about the strike that he forgot how to coach.

Or you can just admit it when you get schooled straight up.  Your boys have a chance to prove it was a fluke, but if they get schooled again then your whole injury excuse is dead and buried forever.  You'll have to live with the fact that South Florida has gotten beyond you in only 11 years, shot past a program that is over a hundred years old.  I know it's hard to deal with.  Same thing is happening in Florida with teams down here.  For that matter, some of the other universities are amazed at what USF has accomplished in academics and research in so short a time.  We're no longer just a city university serving the people of Tampa who don't want to or can't leave, we're the real deal.

I wasn't comparing championships.......I was talking about attendance!  Everywhere we go it is their game of the new century.  Louisville black out, Maryland black out, and now you guys are gonna green us out.  

That tends to be the case when you are ranked in the top 5 and you play teams that aren't ranked.

I agree....I want to be the hunted!!  That means you have what other people want and are trying to take from you.  Louisville was ranked in the top 10 though when they blacked us out.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

My point in posting this was not to knock WVU.  For us to win Friday it will take a huge effort and us to play our "A" game.  However, for WVU fans to cheapen our victory last year is just silly.  The week before @ Pitt the stats look like those from a video game; markedly different than our game.

Sanjay........I give you guys credit for what you did in Morgantown last year.  My point is that you will see a different Pat White this year.  Jarrett Brown should have been inserted last year during that game.  He may play some in this years game if you guys go to cover zero and dare us to pass.  Brown is a better passer than White and he might well be the key to the game.  No doubt you guys have a great defense and I apologize if you think I was trying to cheapen your win last year.

I agree....I want to be the hunted!!  That means you have what other people want and are trying to take from you.  Louisville was ranked in the top 10 though when they blacked us out.

You are the top game left on our schedule, with the biggest implications.  You are #5 and that is what we are hoping to be.

If we win, we'll be top 10 next week, and you guys will probably be still in the top 10.

If you win, we'll probably fall out of the rankings or very close, and you'll still be #5.

The implications are big for us because of your rankings, and the hype your team has generated having 2 heisman candidates, and devine as well, and that this game could put us on the national map as a true contender. 

We are all syched up because we know we have a defense good enough to have as good a shot as anyone at stopping your offense.  If anyone can do it, we can. 

And our offense is leagues better than it was last year, when you lost to a one dimensional team.

There is no reason for us to not be extremely confident, and also no reason for us to not be nervous as heck because you guys are so **** good.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The fun fact WVU fans like to forget, our defense DOMINATED your offensive line at the LOS and disrupted many plays and made you guys run laterally where our speed allowed us to fly to the ball and gang tackle.  Rewatch the game if you can find someone with a copy or find it on the net Julmiste and Selvie ate your guys lunch at the point of attack that game.  Slaton and White didn't look right because they were running sideways against a defense that was fast enough to take away the corner.  Ill buy that white got hurt during the game but Slaton couldnt have been that hurt if he got the ball 23 times the next saturday. 

Sanjay........I give you guys credit for what you did in Morgantown last year.  My point is that you will see a different Pat White this year.  Jarrett Brown should have been inserted last year during that game.  He may play some in this years game if you guys go to cover zero and dare us to pass.  Brown is a better passer than White and he might well be the key to the game.  No doubt you guys have a great defense and I apologize if you think I was trying to cheapen your win last year.

If you guys are thinking about putting in Brown over white, that sounds like you aren't too confident in his ability to pass.  All i've heard this year is how white is a highly underrated passer.  If that is the case, he should be the guy, end of story... regardless if we stack the box (which WILL happen btw b/c we aren't letting white or slaton beat us) and rely on our dominant corners for pass protection.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Istep, when you bring up injuries (we had them too- not a good groin among the DT rotation) it is an attempt to cheapen the victory. Leave the injuries alone.  We won, period.

Hey, if you tell me that White is a better passer than last year, Slaton is bigger and stronger and RichRod has 5 new ways to get the ball to Devine and that is why you guys will whip our ass THIS year, I will listen.  I'll disagree, but I think it is a better discussion. 

Archived