• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the real Mike Ford show up?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Man, are you guys watching the games.  Ben is playing at a much higher level then last year.  He is hitting the holes much quicker and is making blocks and just does all the right things.  For all you Ford fans may I remind you of the wide open in your chest pass that he flat out dropped.  Ben would have caught it.  I really could care less who gets the most carries because I think we have a coaching staff that calls the plays and decides what players are in the game and when.  Ya think they might have some clue what they are doing ?  Carl Franks is an outstanding coach so I will trust in what he decides.

For me I am just so excited we have such a great group of RBs this year.

Oh. Mid-Atlantic, that 3 or 4 RB system seems to work pretty well for USC.  Maybe one of the guys will stand out soon but in the mean time they are having a good bit of success.  Each player brings a little something different to our offense.

Random Thought:  Toward the end of game I looked at our offensive line and there was a whole lotta new names there.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,642

How about we put Ben in there to block for Mike? Ben gets to block and Mike gets the carries... If Mike touches the ball less than 25 times this week, we will not win. He will wear down the WVU defense.

Ben did this for Taylor didn't he?  He is our best back, considering the goal is to win the game - not be flashy.

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

I agree Leavitt was hidding him.  Trying some new things to see what he could do against WVA.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bulls will need a running game to beat wv

i dont believe leavitt is holding ford under the radar

divine for wv is real deal

bulls will win friday because of their great d

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

running back y commitee seems to work just fine

ford apparently isnt all that since he hasnt distingushed himself to the coaches

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Man, are you guys watching the games.  Ben is playing at a much higher level then last year.  He is hitting the holes much quicker and is making blocks and just does all the right things.  For all you Ford fans may I remind you of the wide open in your chest pass that he flat out dropped.  Ben would have caught it.  I really could care less who gets the most carries because I think we have a coaching staff that calls the plays and decides what players are in the game and when.  Ya think they might have some clue what they are doing ?  Carl Franks is an outstanding coach so I will trust in what he decides.

Great breakdown. People seem to forget that Ford drop, which is not a big deal, but the glamor fans want to automatically just hand over the starting job to him. BW's done nothing to lose the carries he's getting. If his production goes down, we've got three healthy backs to take over those carries. Until then, ALL the backs are contributing and I'm sure the coaches have this thing well under control...

• Content Count:  444

Oh. Mid-Atlantic, that 3 or 4 RB system seems to work pretty well for USC.  Maybe one of the guys will stand out soon but in the mean time they are having a good bit of success.  Each player brings a little something different to our offense.

Random Thought:  Toward the end of game I looked at our offensive line and there was a whole lotta new names there.

I read through this entire thread feeling compelled to post until I reached dabull80's post.  Your first paragraph says it all.

I think Ben's edge can be explained in a single word: concentration.  Ford is still growing into the rb we expect him to be.

Archived