• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the real Mike Ford show up?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

What I like is when there is 7 yards and 3 defenders between the goal line and Mike Ford, you can go ahead and tally 7.  :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  291
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt takes the gloves off Friday. It's on.

Yea i have a feeling he lets everything loose on these guys. I think the offensive side of the ball has been throttled back the entire season so far, until we get into BE play. Our offense is clearly better than what we have been seeing. I have not seen a single screen play at all this season.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Yea i have a feeling he lets everything loose on these guys.

I agree and that is what i am looking forward to Friday...there is no doubt this is the game of the season.  We will beat Rutgers.  Louisville has failed to show a defense and Syracuse just slapped them silly.  This is it Bulls fans.  While the whole season DOES NOT hang in the balance with this game, it certainly is the most important week in this season - at least until this point.  We need this one.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Take it up with coach Franks.  In his radio post game interview Leavitt was specifically asked about going with one guy or continuing to use multiple backs.  Leavitt said that he leaves that up to coach Franks because he works with the guys all week and knows them better.  

Franks seems to like rotating them each series and I think we will continue to see that against WVU.

That being said I think if CJL told Franks to get Ford in the game more he would see more playing time.  Ford is not getting enough touches IMO.  It’s tough to get into a rhythm when you only get 1-2 touches every 3 series.  

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I agree, and I think the question: "Will the real Mike Ford show up?" is a little unfair.  Ford shows up, it's just a matter of whether or not we give him the ball.

Exactly.

The man obviously is a playmaker. He turns negative 2yds into a no gain, and he turns 3 yd runs into 2nd and 5. He has great vision, burst, and the ability to make someone miss. All things that Ben Williams does not have.

I'm sorry but I'm sick of seeing Ben Williams get more carries than Ford. I commend his heart and hustle, but at some point the more talented RB needs to get the bulk of the carries.

EXACTLY!!

With Jamar Taylor now officially in the mix, we have a 4 running back committee.

That's just nuts.

Mike Ford needs a minimum 0f 20 carries per game so he can get used to carrying the load and being a work horse.

Aston Samuels is quick, but can be tackled by a stiff wind.

GIVE #26 THE BALL!!!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Ford was held back.

Jamar Taylor is da MAN!  LAKELAND REPRESENT!

• Content Count:  958

I agree, and I think the question: "Will the real Mike Ford show up?" is a little unfair.  Ford shows up, it's just a matter of whether or not we give him the ball.

Sorry, did not mean for it to sound that way ... I do not doubt Mike's ability but just wondering when he would really shine or should say allowed to turn loose full throttle.

Gotta love them Bulls ::)

• Content Count:  1,532

I don't care which one pounds it into the end zone... as long as they are all working towards it! 

• Content Count:  1,528

glad Im no theonly one thinking this. I was getting sick of seeing Ford on the sidelines. I'm really hoping Leavitt was just hiding him from any West Va film. He definitely got the rock against Auburn and proved his worth. Ford better double the carries of every other back Friday night.

• Content Count:  35

Just remember, Ford only had 7 touches against Elon before the Auburn game.  I don't think CJL wants to over use him early in the season.  We don't want to show everything yet.  We need to make sure some things work, but the Big East Championship is really what CJL wants!  I think we will see him open up the playbook a lot more on Friday night and that should hopefully mean a lot more of Mike Ford!!!

Archived