• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the real Mike Ford show up?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

I do not know for sure but I believe CJLwas holding back the reigns on Ford, untill this game with the neers that is. At least I hope that is so. Anyone have the same thinking or am I just hoping?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I doubt it.  I bet Ben and Jamar just had amazing weeks of practice and Ford probably didn't.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I hope Ford shows up big. I think so far I like the RB by committee approach this season. Ben has looked good when he can stay fresh. Mike looks great around the goal line, he is just massive. I think next season, he will be able to dominate, but he still isn't fully back in football shape I don't think. I think he will get a little faster as the season goes on.

Keep them all fresh for now though, can't wait until Plancher gets in there a little.

• Content Count:  873

I do not know for sure but I believe CJLwas holding back the reigns on Ford, untill this game with the neers that is. At least I hope that is so. Anyone have the same thinking or am I just hoping?

Ford is the best back on the team.  Williams is average.  Ford knocks down people and is very difficult to tackle unless three guys are on him.  I would be shocked if he didn't get the bulk of the carries against WVU.  I think Leavitt was kind of "hiding" Ford for WVU.  We don't want them thinking that they HAVE to shut him down.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Leavitt takes the gloves off Friday. It's on.

I agree, and I think the question: "Will the real Mike Ford show up?" is a little unfair.  Ford shows up, it's just a matter of whether or not we give him the ball.

• Content Count:  2,719

I also like our running back by committee.  It keeps the legs fresh and the defense guessing.  I have heard on more than one occassion that Ben is the better blocker.  Aston has some great speed and hits the hole pretty quick.  It looks like for now, Williams and Taylor gets them down the field and Ford knocks it in.  

• Content Count:  3,827

Leavitt takes the gloves off Friday. It's on.

I agree, and I think the question: "Will the real Mike Ford show up?" is a little unfair.  Ford shows up, it's just a matter of whether or not we give him the ball.

Exactly.

The man obviously is a playmaker. He turns negative 2yds into a no gain, and he turns 3 yd runs into 2nd and 5. He has great vision, burst, and the ability to make someone miss. All things that Ben Williams does not have.

I'm sorry but I'm sick of seeing Ben Williams get more carries than Ford. I commend his heart and hustle, but at some point the more talented RB needs to get the bulk of the carries.

• Content Count:  5,241

West Virginia doesnt have a good defense. Mike Ford, Benji Williams and our other RBS will run all over them when we aren't throwing deep on em.  Mike Ford is defnitley in shape, he's been on the team since Janurary. Leavitt was just spreading the ball around to some other RBs like Aston Samuels who doesnt normally get a lot of carries.

Archived