• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What was wrong with the old system?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

I know that the line at the student gate before the Elon game was a pain in the ass, but it seems like it would have been easier to fix that system by changing it instead of implementing a completely new system two days before a game.

What does everyone else think?

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

We realize you are pissed that you may not get a ticket to the WVU board, but please don't flood the board with 75 million complaints between now and then. Thre is nothing we can do about it. Talk to Athletics and SG if you want something changed.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think:  

1. 8,000 students for Elon was unexpected

2. Beating Auburn was hoped for but unanticipated.

3. Getting ranked was similarly unexpected.

4. Having 40,000 for UNC was never considered.

5. Having a sellout for WVU was comlpetely out of the blue.

Having potentially (beat UNC) the hottest ticket in Tampa sports this year created a situation where athletics had to do something because the plan they had was not going to work for the WVU game.  I assume Athletics made the decision to dry run for the UNC game, work out some kinks and be ready for WVU.  There will be mistakes and they will be addressed later this year and next.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

Welcome growing pains I suppose, huh?

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Moving up from the kids table

I know that the line at the student gate before the Elon game was a pain in the ass, but it seems like it would have been easier to fix that system by changing it instead of implementing a completely new system two days before a game.

What happens if 14,000 students show up for the 12,000 slots??

How long would it take to move 12,000 students through the turnstiles??  You'd have half the students still outside at kickoff.

This may not be perfect, but I am willing to bet they expected students to be on campus during the week when classes are in session.  It's not like this is "fall break" and students are off campus.  Other than a handful of tragedies (deaths in family, illnesses etc), I doubt there are very many students like you who are leaving out of town for a whole week and missing their classes.

--

Remember, most schools use a lottery system to dole out student tickets... and few schools provide for "student companion" tickets either.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Welcome to big time college football where not all students get in.  As we grow this will become the norm rather than the exception.  Im still all for students being able to buy "student season tickets" before the start of every year to guarantee themselves a spot in the student section for every game and give athletics a nice lil pop of new money. 

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I think the majority has spoken on this already.  UNC is a trial run from what I can tell.  The real test will be for the WVU seats.  I happen to think this new system is alot better than the old one.

Archived