• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What was wrong with the old system?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

students pay for their tickets indirectly by the fees attached to their credit hours. If we have any open seats for any game-- they should be given to the students for free imo.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

students pay for their tickets indirectly by the fees attached to their credit hours. If we have any open seats for any game-- they should be given to the students for free imo.

Bad argument as USF is a very diverse school with a lot of students who come from countries where American Football means nothing (middle east, southwest asia) Also as much as people hate to hear it we are a back up school to a good portion of kids as well so they still drive to tally or g-ville to see games or be in that atmosphere.  Things are changing rapidly but we aren't at the level where we can just forget students who aren't 100% committed because the majority still aren't.  Remember going to USF football games is still "the thing to do" for some students and not something they are fully committed to.  If we lost the next 2 weeks you would see a dramatic drop in student attendance. 

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

If we lost the next 2 weeks you would see a dramatic drop in student attendance. 

Bull Dozer - I think you might see a small drop in the student attendance, but not that much.  Last year the number of students who attended (at least from what was evident where I was sitting) rose dramatically.  I believe that being in a BCS conference played some part in it, but also the fact that student interest has just increased.  Not a bad thing, right!

GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The new system will probably be more efficient over the long haul.  It's just new so it will take some getting used to.

The system is set up to accomodate the majority, not the few. 

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

IT'S DIVISION I FOOTBALL!!!

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

I think the worst part of the new system is it neglects the students at USF's other campuses.  I know there is quite a large crowd of students from the Sarasota campus that goto the games.  From what I've seen there is no option except for these students to head to tampa to pickup a wrist band.  This may drive a few of them away. 

I guess usfgrad84 nailed it, its not a system for the few.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

Bad argument as USF is a very diverse school with a lot of students who come from countries where American Football means nothing (middle east, southwest asia) Also as much as people hate to hear it we are a back up school to a good portion of kids as well so they still drive to tally or g-ville to see games or be in that atmosphere.  Things are changing rapidly but we aren't at the level where we can just forget students who aren't 100% committed because the majority still aren't.  Remember going to USF football games is still "the thing to do" for some students and not something they are fully committed to.  If we lost the next 2 weeks you would see a dramatic drop in student attendance. 

bad argument?

I was stating a fact as to why students should be allowed to go to a game if seats are available.

the toher crap you started spewing forth -- I have no idea what spurred that on-- had nothing to do with what I wrote.

Archived