• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auburn

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

I am so sick of seeing all you have to do is win.  That's not true.  In order to movie up people ahead of you have to lose.

No it is true that all you have to do is win.  When is the last time you saw a team from a BCS conference who was undefeated at year end and not ranked?    Hint:  It shouldn't take you that long to think about this.  It hasn't happened.     

If everyone else won they would not have moved up.

OK let me try that again.  When was the last time you saw 25 undefeated teams at year end? 

If just a few more teams win last year that were ahead of Boise State, they don't get the top 12 ranking they need to get a BCS bid.  Then they don't have possibly the greatest game in college history.  Every game matters with teams ranked around you.

Also, the higher you are when you lose, the higher you stay.  Why not just hope for teams ahead of us to lose so we go up faster?  There is nothing wrong with that.

well that is simply not reality.

Look at how FSU finished last year--- miserable year. Yet this season, they are in the top 25 pre-season for whatever reason. Preseason polls are so often a joke. They are somewhat educated guesses but much more of the time-- just picking old favorites.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so sick of seeing all you have to do is win.  That's not true.  In order to movie up people ahead of you have to lose.

No it is true that all you have to do is win.  When is the last time you saw a team from a BCS conference who was undefeated at year end and not ranked?    Hint:  It shouldn't take you that long to think about this.  It hasn't happened.     

OK let me try that again.  When was the last time you saw 25 undefeated teams at year end? 

If just a few more teams win last year that were ahead of Boise State, they don't get the top 12 ranking they need to get a BCS bid.  Then they don't have possibly the greatest game in college history.  Every game matters with teams ranked around you.

Also, the higher you are when you lose, the higher you stay.  Why not just hope for teams ahead of us to lose so we go up faster?  There is nothing wrong with that.

you didn't answer the question

if you are in a BCS conference (not Boise State)--- and go undefeated--- you are headin to a BCS bowl at a minimum and very possibly the BCS Championship. This is a fact.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Also, the higher you are when you lose, the higher you stay.  Why not just hope for teams ahead of us to lose so we go up faster?  There is nothing wrong with that.

you didn't answer the question

if you are in a BCS conference (not Boise State)--- and go undefeated--- you are headin to a BCS bowl at a minimum and very possibly the BCS Championship. This is a fact.

How many BCS conference teams go undefeated every year?  1 or 2.  If it's 3, the team that was lower ranked to start with gets screwed.  Week to week you hope for teams to lose so you move up in the rankings.  If we lose, we won't drop as far as we otherwise would have.

If you go undefeated, you should be playing for the title game.  We need a playoff for that.  In either case (undefeated or not), it still benefits your team every week if teams ahead lose.

I agree that it helps your rankings.

Let's put it this way-- if we go undefeated and get screwed out of a NC game-- those are good problems to have all things considered.

Let's put it this way-- if we go undefeated and get screwed out of a NC game-- those are good problems to have all things considered.

Agreed, a good problem to have, but I would be rooting for the teams above us to lose no matter the situation.  It made this week more fun to watch.

Agreed, a good problem to have, but I would be rooting for the teams above us to lose no matter the situation.  It made this week more fun to watch.

I was too-- don't get me wrong. Your point is completely valid. I just don't want fans to up in arms if we had a whole bunch of teams ahead of us lose and then we still end up not ranked somehow.

I was too-- don't get me wrong. Your point is completely valid. I just don't want fans to up in arms if we had a whole bunch of teams ahead of us lose and then we still end up not ranked somehow.

I think if that happened we might should be.  Oh well, I'm going to sleep and hopefully when I wake up we'll be ranked.

• Content Count:  134

Yeah, but it sure didn't feel like that in 2004.

I miss my Tigers, I think Kentucky kidnapped our team or something lol.

GO BULLS, beat the hell out of UNC, and War Eagle!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah, but it sure didn't feel like that in 2004.

I miss my Tigers, I think Kentucky kidnapped our team (except for Brandon Cox) or something lol.

GO BULLS, beat the hell out of UNC, and War Eagle!

Fixed  ;)

• Content Count:  143

Not sure if anyone noticed but the Mississippi State band played at the end of the game.  That crap about our band disrespecting Auburn at the end of the game by playing and not giving them 2 minutes to reflect on their blessings was a bunch of crap.  Didn't see the Mississippi State players with pom-poms but it didn't appear the Auburn Fans were making projectile contributions. 

Hopefully one of our out of conference opponents this year will make it to a bowl game. 

Archived