• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I am so sick of seeing all you have to do is win.  That's not true.  In order to movie up people ahead of you have to lose.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

I am so sick of seeing all you have to do is win.  That's not true.  In order to movie up people ahead of you have to lose.

maybe you are worrying about the wrong things---

rankings will not help us win the Big East

National exposure and respect sure does.

Can't win a national title without other teams losing either.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

whoa-- one step at a time mmmkay?

let's try winning our conference for the first time ever-- no way we can win a NC if we can't win our conference-- PERIOD.

• Content Count:  121

No it is true that all you have to do is win.  When is the last time you saw a team from a BCS conference who was undefeated at year end and not ranked?    Hint:  It shouldn't take you that long to think about this.  It hasn't happened.     

whoa-- one step at a time mmmkay?

let's try winning our conference for the first time ever-- no way we can win a NC if we can't win our conference-- PERIOD.

There is no rule about having to win anything before making a BCS championship game.  Oklahoma got blown out by K-State a few years back and still made it to the title game...that blow out happened in the big 12 championship game.

Anyway, the "one step at a time" starts with getting ranked then moving up with each win and other teams losing.  That's the entire point of watching other games to hope for us to move up.

No it is true that all you have to do is win.  When is the last time you saw a team from a BCS conference who was undefeated at year end and not ranked?    Hint:  It shouldn't take you that long to think about this.  It hasn't happened.     

If everyone else won they would not have moved up.

• Content Count:  121

OK let me try that again.  When was the last time you saw 25 undefeated teams at year end? 

OK let me try that again.  When was the last time you saw 25 undefeated teams at year end? 

If just a few more teams win last year that were ahead of Boise State, they don't get the top 12 ranking they need to get a BCS bid.  Then they don't have possibly the greatest game in college history.  Every game matters with teams ranked around you.

Also, the higher you are when you lose, the higher you stay.  Why not just hope for teams ahead of us to lose so we go up faster?  There is nothing wrong with that.

• Content Count:  159

25 undefeated teams at year end ... hahahahaha ... classic. :-) Thanks for making me laugh Cardo!

Archived