• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auburn

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

I don't want USF to fail, I am realistic. What am I supposed to be happy that we beat a 1-2 team in overtime, when that 1-2 team just lost to Mississippi State a team that has been the laughing stock of the SEC since they made the SEC title game in 1998.

And you should care about how USF wins their games because this is college football, not the NFL. Boise State went 13-0 last year, and were the nation's only undefeated team. Guess who won the national title though? Florida! If USF wins the rest of their games by just 1 point each they will be undefeated and will be in a BCS bowl but I strongly doubt they would make the title game over a 1 loss LSU or Florida.

USF needs to beat West Virginia and Louisville, and have one of them end up with 1 loss and the other just 2. Then they have to go and blow the covers off of both Rutgers and Pittsburgh on the road and hope that Auburn is able to rebound from their poor start and end up finishing 8-4 and at least compete in the SEC. Even then they would still need help to make the national title game because a 1 loss LSU or USC would still look more appealing to voters than an undefeated USF. Face it, to most voters USF is still unknown and USF isn't going to get their respect winning close games.

The Gators could get away with it last year, and actually I still have no idea how they made the title game they just got extremely lucky. If Notre Dame beat USC, or if USC beat UCLA they never would have pulled that off. If Notre Dame beats USC they jump Florida for sure and because Michigan won at Notre Dame common sense says they would stay ahead. If USC beats UCLA that would have solidified their number 2 spot and meant a third straight BCS Title Game trip. The Gators played one of the nation's toughest schedules, only lost 1 game, yet still needed a miracle to make the title game and their a known program.

USF still had a long, and winding road to travel. I'm not saying that I am not pulling for them though, I have pulled for the Bulls since 2002 and will continue to now that I am a student there.

• Content Count:  12,293

We beat Auburn when they were #17 in the nation in their house.  that is all the nation will remember.  only our fair weather fans and fans of programs who hate us (hmmm, cant imagine who that might be)  will try to say that auburn losing today some how discredits what we did last week.

it was a statement game on national TV, the media aftershock has proven that we are now on the national radar.  auburn losing does not go back and erase all the coverage and national media mentions we have gotten or will continue to get.

• Content Count:  99

Here is the difference, why our win is impressive.  Miss State is used to playing in SEC stadiums every week.  They are used to playing against SEC size and speed every week.  I promise you we will not see a better defense all year then Auburn.  While we will see better offenses, I'm not sure if we will see one more physical.  It was a great win not against a great team but it was a game out of our natuaral comfort zone

• Content Count:  1,260

I have pulled for the Bulls since 2002 and will continue to now that I am a student there.

Since waaaay back in 2002 huh? :) Such a youngin....

• Content Count:  695

USF was not a 1-A program until 2002, I guess they were technically a 1A member in 2001 but they weren't in a conference. I went to a couple of games in the late 90s but I really didn't know much about USF back then. Once they became a 1A program though I had no reason not to be a fan, a 1A team in my hometown? It sounded good to me and now 5 years later the Bulls might finally be ranked in the polls thanks to Tennessee losing today which is something none of you Bulls fans wanted haha.

• Content Count:  5,241

We need to take the Leavitt Approach: I DONT CARE ABOUT THE POLLS!

All we should worry about is USF winning. The polls will come in time.

• Content Count:  3,403

Here is the difference, why our win is impressive.  Miss State is used to playing in SEC stadiums every week.  They are used to playing against SEC size and speed every week.  I promise you we will not see a better defense all year then Auburn.  While we will see better offenses, I'm not sure if we will see one more physical.  It was a great win not against a great team but it was a game out of our natuaral comfort zone

Miss State was a terrible team.  Our win does not look as good now.

To respond to all you guys saying all we can do is win:  that's complete BS.  "We" aren't doing anything except cheering for USF.  "We" should be rooting for the best for USF.  The best for USF was Auburn winning from now on making our win look great.  "We" can't win anything.

Hoping for USF to be ranked has caused me to watch a lot of games because I know they have an outcome on our ranking.  If you don't care if USF is ranked or not, then fine, but you can't just say the Auburn loss has no effect on it.  That's just wrong.

I would like to point out that since UT lost we might be ranked, but nothing else went our way really except Washington losing.  Alabama will most likely jump us.

• Content Count:  339

We need to take the Leavitt Approach: I DONT CARE ABOUT THE POLLS!

All we should worry about is USF winning. The polls will come in time.

i agree.  but it does get a little discouraging that we always seem to be one big win away from being ranked.  If we would have been ranked after last week (and deservedly so), then we would have been ranked for three weeks leading up to the wvu game provided we get by UNC unscathed.

it's more fun for fans to say "yeah, we're ranked 22nd this week, but we should move up if we beat WVU."  Instead we're all left saying "yeah, if we beat so and so, we should be ranked."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  140

yeesh-- you can always tell who is a rock solid supporter of the Bulls whenever the SLIGHTEST bit of adversity or controversy shows up.

What exactly did USF do wrong today that we are suddenly LESS of a team? Nothing.

MSU came to play and Auburn-- perhaps as an offshoot of losing to USF-- has lost it's swerve. THey can get it back in CTT pulls his head out of his keester.

ANyway-- let's not get all chicken little on this crap--- it's not our fault and there is literally nothing we can do except proceed to beat anyone we play. If anything-- today served as a wake up call to everyone in the Big East that we may not be as good as we think and that we cannot look past any opponent.

strap em on and let's beat the dog out of the Tar Heels. FOrget rankings-- just win the **** game.

Archived