• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Respect UNC

Dmince

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I've always gotten a kick out of how people think that what they say on the internet has any bearing in the outcome of a game. Do you really think that by focusing all of your fan-attention on the upcomming team it's going to allow your team a better chance to win?

Yes, we've got a few good underrated teams on the schedule, but I'm not sure what that has to do with who I'm looking forward to see us play.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

You tell us not to look past UNC then talk about Cincinnati, UConn, and Pitt.

Again:

I am a fan, not a player, coach, or administrator for USF!  I can look toward and speak about any game I chose!  It will have no bearing on the outcome of any prior game!!

Thank you for your support.  Have a nice day.   ;D

I'm sorry-- can you repeat that. I COULDN'T HEAR YOU

• Content Count:  4,642

i think people are just worried about players who read these boards.  i guess if there are any and if they read into it, then they too can look ahead.

let's just show up in full force to every game and cheer as loud as possible and that will be enough on our part.

man i can't wait for the WVU game!  ;)

• Content Count:  21,010
  • Days Won:  38

For the record, I am not stupid enough to think that what people say on a message board has any effect on anything. I was merely agreeing with the original poster that the fans would be wise not to look past any of these teams.

I just think with the UNC game still a week out people are not exactly amped up about that game yet (hmm, giant crowd against top ranked WVU in a national spotlight game or UNC?).  Once it gets closer UNC is all there is going to be to talk about before the preparations for Taserbowl 2007 when we rush the field after the WVU game!

And yes there is no comparison to the USF team two years ago.  This team is so much better and being multi-dimensional on offense helps out a huge deal.  I am also happy to see the defense is still solid because I always feel you have to start there.

• Content Count:  808

I think there are 2 different things being discussed.

The people who are warning about 'overlooking' the UNC game are primarily thinking "gee, we dont want to get our hopes up for WVU match and then get them shattered if we lose to UNC..."

So their concern is fan hopes being let down. A valid concern. But it should be kept in perspective. As Apis Bull pointed out, fan speculation on this board has zero bearing on game outcome.

How do we match up with UF in 2010?

ALl I know is we haven't done a lick of recruiting for that game-- we'll be lucky to field a team at this point.

• Content Count:  12,293

i think people are just worried about players who read these boards.  i guess if there are any and if they read into it, then they too can look ahead.

oh, i can promise you that they read it.  a lot of former players read it too.

• Content Count:  12,293

like i also said in an earlier post...its a bye week.  once monday rolls around you can bet the talk of UNC will pick up.

For the record, I am not stupid enough to think that what people say on a message board has any effect on anything. I was merely agreeing with the original poster that the fans would be wise not to look past any of these teams.

I just think with the UNC game still a week out people are not exactly amped up about that game yet (hmm, giant crowd against top ranked WVU in a national spotlight game or UNC?).  Once it gets closer UNC is all there is going to be to talk about before the preparations for Taserbowl 2007 when we rush the field after the WVU game!

yet you are dumb enough to think that rushing the field and getting tasered is a good idea? How about we act like winning against a ranked team is now the NORM-- not somethign we need to rush a field over?

stay in your seats and avoid being Clemson for crying out loud. Did you see how stupid it looked during the FSU game this year?

Archived