• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Respect UNC

Dmince

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yet you are dumb enough to think that rushing the field and getting tasered is a good idea? How about we act like winning against a ranked team is now the NORM-- not somethign we need to rush a field over?

stay in your seats and avoid being Clemson for crying out loud. Did you see how stupid it looked during the FSU game this year?

Mike's just mad because he wants to keep that whole "on the field" thing to himself.....

personally, with the whole rushing the field thing....i say take it or leave it.  dont really care if it happens, dont really care if it doesnt happen.  i rushed the field for the first louisville win...the one that was in OT.  i think if its a dramatic win like that it is more understandable....however, watching the clock tick down when the game has been won for like 15 minutes...doesnt make much sense.

you cant really complain about being tasered...although it wouldnt happen at most other colleges, the signs were pretty clear.  the cops lined up against the wall and said do not come down here.  however, i did see a little bit of excesive force, some of those cops were a little fired up by watching 3 hours of football themselves...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

Way too much talk about WVU at this point. Reminds me of when we were looking forward to playing them at the end of the season for the BE championship and lost to UCONN.

North Carolina has all the makings of a trap game. We need to take care of business.

There are a lot of underrated teams on our schedule this year and we can't sleep on anybody. Cinncinatti is a really good team this year. They will pull off another upset (they beat the line by 30+ points against Oregon State) before the season is over mark my words. Uconn at their place is always tough. Winning at Pittsburgh will not be a cakewalk.

The team's approach will be the difference between 10-2 or 7-5. We can't become cocky fans.

One game at a time.

we should slaughter them

we should destroy them and be motivated to do so

• Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

yet you are dumb enough to think that rushing the field and getting tasered is a good idea? How about we act like winning against a ranked team is now the NORM-- not somethign we need to rush a field over?

stay in your seats and avoid being Clemson for crying out loud. Did you see how stupid it looked during the FSU game this year?

Mike's just mad because he wants to keep that whole "on the field" thing to himself.....

personally, with the whole rushing the field thing....i say take it or leave it.  dont really care if it happens, dont really care if it doesnt happen.  i rushed the field for the first louisville win...the one that was in OT.  i think if its a dramatic win like that it is more understandable....however, watching the clock tick down when the game has been won for like 15 minutes...doesnt make much sense.

you cant really complain about being tasered...although it wouldnt happen at most other colleges, the signs were pretty clear.  the cops lined up against the wall and said do not come down here.  however, i did see a little bit of excesive force, some of those cops were a little fired up by watching 3 hours of football themselves...

the vast majority of teams' fans rush the field

as long as fans arent destuctive i see no harm in it

TV expects it

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Way too much talk about WVU at this point. Reminds me of when we were looking forward to playing them at the end of the season for the BE championship and lost to UCONN.

North Carolina has all the makings of a trap game. We need to take care of business.

There are a lot of underrated teams on our schedule this year and we can't sleep on anybody. Cinncinatti is a really good team this year. They will pull off another upset (they beat the line by 30+ points against Oregon State) before the season is over mark my words. Uconn at their place is always tough. Winning at Pittsburgh will not be a cakewalk.

The team's approach will be the difference between 10-2 or 7-5. We can't become cocky fans.

One game at a time.

we should slaughter them

we should destroy them and be motivated to do so

I agree with you on this one.  Time to make a statement!

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You tell us not to look past UNC then talk about Cincinnati, UConn, and Pitt.

Again:

I am a fan, not a player, coach, or administrator for USF!  I can look toward and speak about any game I chose!  It will have no bearing on the outcome of any prior game!!

Thank you for your support.  Have a nice day.   ;D

I'm sorry-- can you repeat that. I COULDN'T HEAR YOU

I tried saying it in a normal voice in another thread.  It didn't work.  ;)

• Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

For the record, I am not stupid enough to think that what people say on a message board has any effect on anything. I was merely agreeing with the original poster that the fans would be wise not to look past any of these teams.

I just think with the UNC game still a week out people are not exactly amped up about that game yet (hmm, giant crowd against top ranked WVU in a national spotlight game or UNC?).  Once it gets closer UNC is all there is going to be to talk about before the preparations for Taserbowl 2007 when we rush the field after the WVU game!

You know I was kidding right? 

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Can we all agree to never, ever mention THAT game again. I have ripped out my own stitches, I have gone bankrupt and lost my house, and  I have been hit by a car and laid in traction for 2 months and THAT game is still my most painful memory. Please, I beg of you, do not EVER bring up THAT GAME AGAIN!!!

• Content Count:  286
  • Days Won:  0

For the record, I am not stupid enough to think that what people say on a message board has any effect on anything. I was merely agreeing with the original poster that the fans would be wise not to look past any of these teams.

I just think with the UNC game still a week out people are not exactly amped up about that game yet (hmm, giant crowd against top ranked WVU in a national spotlight game or UNC?).  Once it gets closer UNC is all there is going to be to talk about before the preparations for Taserbowl 2007 when we rush the field after the WVU game!

You know I was kidding right? 

While you're rushing the field you should punch the fat guy with the camera in the eye for talking trash.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

I think there are 2 different things being discussed.

The people who are warning about 'overlooking' the UNC game are primarily thinking "gee, we dont want to get our hopes up for WVU match and then get them shattered if we lose to UNC..."

So their concern is fan hopes being let down. A valid concern. But it should be kept in perspective. As Apis Bull pointed out, [glow=yellow,2,300]fan speculation on this board has zero bearing on game outcome[/glow].

I disagree. I honestly believe that all the BCS "skunk"  talk on this board the week before UConn game in 2005 was the major contributor to that loss ..... or maybe it was the cold ..... or maybe it was voodoo.

Edited: Sorry, Minotaur, I didn't see your request to stop bringing up that game.

• Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

Haha, one day on the forum and already misunderstood twice.  This is why I don't register for message boards.  Occasionally, I like something enough to trick me into registering but then I always regret it!

I have to learn not to make jokes on the internet!

Oh well, back to lurker I guess.

Archived