• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For USF to get ranked in AP

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

It's unfortunate that we're #26, but if you look at it objectively it's fair.  I think there’s a slim chance that we could move up during the bye week.

No actually there is a great chance.

First we are BARELY behind aTm for 25th, and not too far behind #22 Tenn.

Second, by not playing next week, we will just sit back and watch teams lose.  Several Top 25 teams will lose next week, such as:

#24 Hawaii plays at UNLV, could lose.

#22 Tenn plays at FL, will lose

#21 BC and #15 GT play each other, one will lose

#19 Oregon plays a good Fresno St team, might lose (they played aTm tough)

#16 Ark plays at Ala, could lose.

At least 2 to 3 teams will lose next week if not more, so we will get in next week without even playing

These two are key and I prefer a GT win.  A BC win will keep both in the Top 25.

Correct, unless BC and Tenn both pull upsets on the road next week, we will get ranked. 

Yes, root for the gators next week if you want to get ranked.

I think we need to root for Ohio St. and Arkansas too.

If Washington upsets Ohio St, they'll jump us and take a top 25 spot vacated by BC and/or Tenn.

If Alabama beats Arkansas, they'll jump us too, but I don't think Arkansas will fall lower than 25.

While watching the end of GA/SC last night, the implications of GA's loss never occured to me.  I just wanted it off of my tv.  If GA wins that, USF is #25 today.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  695

Do the rankings really matter though? I mean yes if we're still undefeated in November than the rankings become important but honestly I don't think we can realistically shoot for a national title this year. Unfortunately in college football you have to be ranked fairly high in the preseason polls to have a chance, Auburn went undefeated in 2004 in the SEC and were ranked to start the year and still missed out. So what i'm saying is really the rankings don't matter much for USF this year because we're not in the running for the national title this year unless every BCS conference team loses and we're undefeated.

So we shouldn't worry about where we're ranked, especially after just 2 weeks. Instead we should prepare for North Carolina, hope to start off 3-0 and then start focusing on winning the Big East because a Big East championship means that USF makes a BCS bowl in just their 7th season of 1A football.

• Content Count:  1,260

Do the rankings really matter though? I mean yes if we're still undefeated in November than the rankings become important but honestly I don't think we can realistically shoot for a national title this year. Unfortunately in college football you have to be ranked fairly high in the preseason polls to have a chance, Auburn went undefeated in 2004 in the SEC and were ranked to start the year and still missed out. So what i'm saying is really the rankings don't matter much for USF this year because we're not in the running for the national title this year unless every BCS conference team loses and we're undefeated.

So we shouldn't worry about where we're ranked, especially after just 2 weeks. Instead we should prepare for North Carolina, hope to start off 3-0 and then start focusing on winning the Big East because a Big East championship means that USF makes a BCS bowl in just their 7th season of 1A football.

If we win all of our games this year...we will be in a BCS bowl. To go undefeated, we would have beaten Auburn, WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers.

• Content Count:  444

These are the competitive matchups that will affect USF's rank during the bye week:

Tenn@UF 3:30

Fresno St@Oregon 7:00

BC@GT 8:00

Hawaii@UNLV 9:30

OSU@WA 3:30

Ark@Alabama 6:45

UL@KY 7:30

If the bolded teams win 4 or more out of the 7 games, USF will reach yet another milestone.

I'm predicting we'll be #24 by Sunday afternoon.  :)

• Content Count:  348

If we win all of our games this year...we will be in a BCS bowl. To go undefeated, we would have beaten Auburn, WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers.

We would go to a BCS by default since we would win the BE. 

Also I think we would get alot of votes to goto the national title game as we would be knocking off 4 top 25 teams and we'd be getting some sympathy (for lack of a better word) votes for what would be the most amazing Cinderella season in all of sports history. 

• Content Count:  585

If arkansas was to lose, I don't see them dropping out of the top 25.  Can't root against bullhog  ;D

• Content Count:  400

i know the auburn loss will hurt us SOS-wise, but that would knock them down further on the 'other receiving votes' category.. and lower than us in the coaches poll.  UT losing will drop them out of the top 25.  will both of these events pave way for us to be in the top 25 next week vs. UNC, despite our bye week?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

wow-- that's one optimistic way to look at that Auburn loss

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We just need to keep winning and all will take care of itself.

UNC didn't look that bad today in losing to UVA. Ford should have a huge day if given the carries.

• Content Count:  958

I'm hoping your right, but if we blowout UNC that should put us in the top 25 also, I just wanna see a top 25 matchup vs WVU, that will give us a great opportunity to crack the top 15 (assuming we blowout UNC, and then beat WVU).

Archived