• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For USF to get ranked in AP

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Actually it took them two years - they had a decent team the year before.

So did we.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It only took Rutgers 1 year.  I'd like to be where Rutgers is right now.

think about how they did that--- they went undefeated through the first X number of games and kept rising in the polls. Now they are a fixture in the top 25.

And how do you rise in the polls?  Teams above you lose.

• Content Count:  159

decent and went to a bowl but we did beat them.

Mike - If you ask me, Rutgers got lucky last year ... we should have beat them then too, and would have if that touchdown hadn't been called back. Stupid Zebras ... :-P To be honest Rutgers is the only BE team that I have any concerns about this season, and that only because we are playing there and not at home. Thankfully it is in early Oct so it won't be that cold yet. Louisville didn't impress me too much against Kentucky today (it was overall a good game but I expected more out of them) and unless WV gets a grip on their run defense Mike Ford (and company) may have a field day. Time will tell ... GO BULLS!

Mike - If you ask me, Rutgers got lucky last year ... we should have beat them then too, and would have if that touchdown hadn't been called back. Stupid Zebras ... :-P To be honest Rutgers is the only BE team that I have any concerns about this season, and that only because we are playing there and not at home. Thankfully it is in early Oct so it won't be that cold yet. Louisville didn't impress me too much against Kentucky today (it was overall a good game but I expected more out of them) and unless WV gets a grip on their run defense Mike Ford (and company) may have a field day. Time will tell ... GO BULLS!

I dunno, Cincy has looked very good so far, too.  I think the best defense in the Big East is between those 2 and USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

UL-UK is always a dogfight regardless of how well the two teams are doing that year. I wouldn't extrapolate too much based on that game alone.

One thing is certain--- UL's defense is suspect. If our D can contain them somewhat and we have a good ball control offense working-- I see us winning that game at home. Same goes for WVU.

Rutgers I just don't know what to expect-- they are scary in some ways. Cinci needs a good old fashioned South Florida flip to make up for last years debacle. They do have a strong defense-- agreed. Not sure what to expect out of their offense but it seems improved. Thankfully 3 of the four toughest games are home contests.

• Content Count:  159

I dunno, Cincy has looked very good so far, too.  I think the best defense in the Big East is between those 2 and USF.

Cincy has been doing well, no argument there ... but have they played any real caliber teams? I'm not so sure. Of the games that they have played Oregon State is probably the best, not that it's saying much but there is an argument to be made for a defense that has held (thus far) 3 opponents to a total of 16 points. But again I point out that their defense hasn't really been tested (for me) yet. Personally I am much more impressed by the Bulls 5 turnovers against Auburn than anything else I've really seen, and Selvie is on his way to having a collegiate career high in sacks (if not a team record) this season. I look forward to facing the Bearcats this year and want some "revenge" for losing last year ... we are a better team this year and the outcome should not be the same.

As for Rutgers, they have been impressive ... particularly offensively (as Cincy) but I still don't think they have been tested yet either. This is not to say that I am discounting either team, I certainly am not, but I know in the true test for them will come when they face a powerhouse offense (like Louisville or WV) ... or even a scrappy one that loves to come from behind and give you near heart-attack victories like ours. ;-)

I bleed Green & Gold

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

UL-UK is always a dogfight regardless of how well the two teams are doing that year. I wouldn't extrapolate too much based on that game alone.

One thing is certain--- UL's defense is suspect. If our D can contain them somewhat and we have a good ball control offense working-- I see us winning that game at home. Same goes for WVU.

Rutgers I just don't know what to expect-- they are scary in some ways. Cinci needs a good old fashioned South Florida flip to make up for last years debacle. They do have a strong defense-- agreed. Not sure what to expect out of their offense but it seems improved. Thankfully 3 of the four toughest games are home contests.

I know this is goin to sound odd... but how good, eh, how bad is Minnesota?  Are they that bad that fau could be them? or is FAU improving?  Seeing that scoreboard yesterday without knowing anything about minnesota's team was a shocker.  Hopefully they just plain stink.

Archived