• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how nice was it to see....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,579
  • Days Won:  29

That's the truth ... and he did have some nice runs.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe because we didn't want to show all of our plays?

It almost seemed as Grothe wasn't allowed to run... on purpose.  I only saw 2 or 3 running plays for Grothe.

• Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

It almost seemed as Grothe wasn't allowed to run... on purpose.  I only saw 2 or 3 running plays for Grothe.

i agree to some degree.  i think matt with definitely run more during the season, but on the same note its nice to know our rb's (insert mike ford here) are shaping up nicely.

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

My son turned to me at least 3 times last night and said, " Dad what is he doing he could have easily run for 10 yards"  I think he was told not to do so.

• Content Count:  3,574

My son turned to me at least 3 times last night and said, " Dad what is he doing he could have easily run for 10 yards"   I think he was told not to do so.

Right on... he could have easily run for more yards when receivers were covered.

He forced a few ones yesterday... some in double coverage.

• Content Count:  2,307

I was super excited when we ran the wishbone...my fav play!!

• Content Count:  433

It's even nicer that teams have to start to focus in on our running backs more and not Grothe running. That opens up some play action if we ever decide to do that and for Grothe to be more effecting with his legs.

He just needs better placement on his passes and for his rec. to not drop the ball.

• Content Count:  339

Still held my breath every time grothe was tackled. 

I completely agree with running grothe, but only when it's working.  If grothe gets stuffed at the line 4-5 times in a row, I hope we don't keep trying that play.  This happened a lot last year, where we'd just keep running grothe off-tackle even though there weren't any holes for him.  He's too valuable to this team.

Archived