• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Breaking news: Hardrick to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Per Greg's Blog.

I say let him coem here, bust his arse for a year, and earn a spot on our OL. This kid was Top 5 in the NATION at his position coming out of HS for a reason.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

This was reported on channel 8 and is on Bretts blog

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

Also an article about it in the Tribune

By BRETT McMURPHY The Tampa Tribune

Published: Aug 20, 2007

TAMPA - Former Florida State offensive tackle Matt Hardrick said Sunday he will transfer to the University of South Florida.

"I felt like South Florida was a more determined team," said Hardrick, who chose USF over UCF, South Carolina and Florida Atlantic. "I know a lot of guys on the team and I've known Coach [Jim] Leavitt for a long time. Once Coach and I sat down and had a talk, I just felt he's the type of head coach I could really play for and show my talent."

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGBPL54FK5F.html

• Content Count:  869

Most interesting given the coverage over here:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/local/orl-fbcucf1507aug15,0,1633840.story

...Neasman's departure frees a scholarship spot that theoretically could be used on Matt Hardrick, should the Knights decide at some point to make a play for the former Florida State offensive lineman.

Hardrick, a former Edgewater High standout, was dismissed by the Seminoles last week, then visited a UCF practice Saturday. In addition, he reportedly also bypassed a visit to USF on Monday, which had been granted a release to talk to Hardrick....

Most interesting given the coverage over here:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/local/orl-fbcucf1507aug15,0,1633840.story

...Neasman's departure frees a scholarship spot that theoretically could be used on Matt Hardrick, should the Knights decide at some point to make a play for the former Florida State offensive lineman.

Hardrick, a former Edgewater High standout, was dismissed by the Seminoles last week, then visited a UCF practice Saturday. In addition, he reportedly also bypassed a visit to USF on Monday, which had been granted a release to talk to Hardrick....

It is funny how they make it sound like he just showed up at practice; they invited him there and wanted him badly. The scary part was that Spurrier jumped into the mix at the last minute.

• Content Count:  869

All part of the media machine over here-

Weatherford gets first-team snaps

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/local/orl-ucfbeat1407aug14,0,2914708.story

...How about Hardrick?

The St. Petersburg Times first reported last week that recently released Florida State offensive lineman and Edgewater High graduate Matt Hardrick had received clearance to talk to several schools, including UCF and rival USF.

While people close to Hardrick and his mother have said no decision has been made about where the bulky lineman will end up, the rumor mill around UCF has started to pick up after Hardrick visited a Knights practice over the weekend....

• Content Count:  5,241

How often does a team get this many good transfers in an offseason: Tyrone Mckenzie, Mike Ford, Jamar Taylor, and Hardrick.

As long as he keep his act together, he could be special.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

The guy looks like a fricking beast... I think having a relationship with Ford encouraged him to turn to a Bull (Thank Amarri bc he brought Ford to USF, who brought Hardrick). If he wins a startin job next year, great, if not, its not like we have been depending on this guy---most people didnt seem to want him. I think it is great that we have gotten all of these transfers. Does anybody know how he did in the 8 games he played last year with FSU???

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

Brett's blog has him here, just awaiting his acceptance into USF - transcript transfer.

Definately fills the need to OT for 2008.

Go BULLS !!!

Archived