• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Breaking news: Hardrick to USF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

There's a lot more to this story.

I'm sure the facts will hit this board eventually. 

The only pertinent facts to this story are that USF has apparently gotten a nice O lineman who will, hopefully, be a stalwart on our line in 2008-2010.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Greg's blog is saying that USF coaching staff is still considering accepting him to the team.  Obviously this is CJL's call, but I think if he stays clean and keeps his grades up for the year he is required to sit out he deserves a shot.

UCF fans should be careful spinning this to hard early, as it is not clear that he will land at USF.  How will you spin it when he ends up going to UCF after USF decides they are not interested?  

• Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

Greg's blog is saying that USF coaching staff is still considering accepting him to the team.  Obviously this is CJL's call, but I think if he stays clean and keeps his grades up for the year he is required to sit out he deserves a shot.

UCF fans should be careful spinning this to hard early, as it is not clear that he will land at USF.  How will you spin it when he ends up going to UCF after USF decides they are not interested?  

There will be no spin needed; the player had a choice and he picked USF; whether USF picks him does not matter in the end.

What media reports?  Show me where UCF asked him to attend or offered him a scholarship?

Show me any kid with this type of background that UCF has pursued in the past three years?

Congrats on getting him, but ask yourself this, how bad must he have been to get kicked out of FSU?

I am pretty sure that the school must request the release to speak with a player who is transferring; UM was turned down on this request. Maybe you think him and his mom also requested the release to speak with O'Liar?

Why would the player say he is considering USF, or UCif if UCif did not make some sort of offer?

Well perhaps you need to understand logic or maybe the english language.

The statement he is considering UCF does not mean that UCF offered him.

There's a lot more to this story.

I'm sure the facts will hit this board eventually. 

The only other school he seriously considered was [glow=red,2,300]Central Florida, which he said offered him a scholarship after he visited a practice last weekend[/glow]. His mother talked with coaches from Florida Atlantic and he spoke once with the offensive line coach from South Carolina, but that was the extent of his interest there. Hardrick has familiar faces at USF -- he played with running back Mike Ford and walk-on linebacker Josh Soto at Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia in 2005, and went to high school with defensive back Tyller Roberts; the two have been friends for more than a decade

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

that did not take long

Maybe I am an outlaw but having .01 grams of hippie lettuce hardly constitutes a big felony:

I am sure that back in the day my Velcro wallet had a residual of more than that; but then again maybe I am an outlaw.

see Gregs blog for details

• Content Count:  698

That is a large boy! Anyone knows what he benches or deadlifts?

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

my Velcro wallet

Don't be dragging me into your law breaking activities  ;)

• Content Count:  132

Gee Nuke, considering the source, and also consider that the University can't comment on the situation, I will just stick to the fact that O'Leary has never offered a scholarship to a guy that has been arrested in the three plus years he has been at UCF. 

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Gee Nuke, considering the source, and also consider that the University can't comment on the situation, I will just stick to the fact that O'Leary has never offered a scholarship to a guy that has been arrested in the three plus years he has been at UCF. 

koolaid1.JPG

• Content Count:  6,831
  • Days Won:  22

LOL. I love the spinning.

IF Hardick had chosen UCF, all the Knights fans would have been all over the internet on how he chose UCF over the bulls and how the new facility was trumping BCS conference. They would also be praising GOL from guiding this young man.

Since he chose USF. the spin becomes.

UCF never offered, GOL would never accept this type of player at UCF.

LOL. Who cares. Hope the kid stays clean and plows the UCFers in Orlando next year. LOL

Archived