• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Construction on Campus

SeaBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

Just took a brief walk from Engineering to the Marshall Center, here is what I saw...

• The NEW Marshall Center construction is going a long nicely. Some shapes are beginning to form...Set to open Summer 2008
    Marshall Center Webcam 2

• The NEW parking garage going in between Magnolia Apt. and CUTR, west of Engineering has concrete cast of second floor...Set to open Spring 2008

• Then, I also noticed some construction going on east of the Music Bldg...anyone know anything about that? They could just be "laying some pipe"

I know that there is a new ROTC building going in, any idea how that is coming along?

What else have people noticed around campus?

Below is not a still, it's actually the webcam...

mc2.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  280

I know that there is a new ROTC building going in, any idea how that is coming along?

I've seen the new ROTC building several times and that thing shot up pretty quick. I would say its about 80% complete if not more. Not a bad looking building at all.

As far as other projects that I've seen popping up are a new building on the East side of Magnolia, and another one near the Engineering building on Alumni Drive. Sorry I don't know exactly what these buildings are, if nobody is able to fill us in, I can post an update later when I have the time to look it up.

• Content Count:  928

I've seen the new ROTC building several times and that thing shot up pretty quick. I would say its about 80% complete if not more. Not a bad looking building at all.

As far as other projects that I've seen popping up are a new building on the East side of Magnolia, and another one near the Engineering building on Alumni Drive. Sorry I don't know exactly what these buildings are, if nobody is able to fill us in, I can post an update later when I have the time to look it up.

The one on Alumni Drive is a parking garage...not too sure about a new building in the East side of Magnolia though, where's it at? In the Medical area?

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

The new Alzheimer' Research Center on Fletcher looks really nice!

http://www.byrdinstitute.org/default.aspx

Byrd%20Alzheimer's%20Institute%20(v3).jpg

The one on Alumni Drive is a parking garage...not too sure about a new building in the East side of Magnolia though, where's it at? In the Medical area?

Yes, my bad...Just north of moffitt on the corner of magnolia and west holly.

Carol and Frank Morsani Center for Advanced Health Care

morsani_rendering.jpg

• Content Count:  3,574

One thing that I noticed when I was on campus (mid-June) was that now every building has their name on the side of the building.

I know for a fact that they weren't all up in 2005...

Now you can drive through the main entrance and see "Engineering Building 3" (and 2) on the left.  I also noticed that they changed some of the street names and added more (usually replacing it with a no name street that leads to a parking lot... like the entrance to the Physics building parking lot).  It looks like they added "USF" to almost every street.  Like USF Holly, etc.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I also have noticed they named the street between the softball fields and the football practice fields. That's just some dinky little dirt road.

One very nice campus improvement project has been the addition of the structures bearing the USF logo in big bold green letters in almost every entrance of the campus. Wish I could find a few pictures of them, but I've been unsuccessful.

Archived