• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Construction on Campus

SeaBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I wish we could get a big glowing 'U' on the parking garages or something with the iconic symbol on campus.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish we could get a big glowing 'U' on the parking garages or something with the iconic symbol on campus.

You mean like the Athletics Facility??

250px-Usfathletic.jpg

Remember, the Iconic U is the athletics logo... the academic logo is different.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I know, but I still think it would be nice to have around other parts of campus, even if it is Athletics.

• Content Count:  478
  • Days Won:  0

It looks like they added "USF" to almost every street.  Like USF Holly, etc.

thats because there already is a holly, maple, etc -- in west tampa. they added usf to everything so mail wouldnt get sent to the wrong side of town. If you ask me - they should have just renamed the streets. there was a "way finding committee" set up in 2003. Our recommendations would have renamed all of the streets on campus something Bull or USF spirit related. I don't know why they didn't implement our suggestions. I suppose the saying is correct that --- if you want something done right - do it yourself. if you want something done in 20 yrs - give it to a committee. 

• Content Count:  698

That would be sweet...Makes me want to get one on the house.

• Content Count:  928

That would be sweet...Makes me want to get one on the house.

The old Rainier Brewery in Seattle was bought by Tully's Coffee (Starbucks competitor) and they replaced the giant 'R' with a giant glowing green 'T'. I reminds me of Gotham City....this is the best picture I could find on Google...

tullys_small.jpg

• Content Count:  1,911

thats because there already is a holly, maple, etc -- in west tampa. they added usf to everything so mail wouldnt get sent to the wrong side of town. If you ask me - they should have just renamed the streets. there was a "way finding committee" set up in 2003. Our recommendations would have renamed all of the streets on campus something Bull or USF spirit related. I don't know why they didn't implement our suggestions. I suppose the saying is correct that --- if you want something done right - do it yourself. if you want something done in 20 yrs - give it to a committee. 

Actually, the new street signs have to do with a program with Hillsborough county related to 911 calls and some new system they've implimented to help the emergency workers find buildings. Some may have also noticed that each building has a sign out front now that has the physical address of that building, which is new within the last 6 months or so.

• Content Count:  478

Actually, the new street signs have to do with a program with Hillsborough county related to 911 calls and some new system they've implimented to help the emergency workers find buildings. Some may have also noticed that each building has a sign out front now that has the physical address of that building, which is new within the last 6 months or so.

Well then why didn't they just rename all the streets according to the new names that were approved in 2003? My dad does some work with the honors college and  the west tampa argument is what they gave him. I think adding USF to every street is stupid. When people are driving  - I am guessing they know that they are at the university of south florida. I don't get it at all and I think it looks bad.

And I can't tell if a new library or a new cooper is on the 10 year plan at all. You can't tell what the proposed buildings are on the map. Does anyone know?

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I hope that eventually USF would a brick wall all around the campus along with nicer looking entrances along Fletcher, 50th street and Bruce B. Downs. This would not only look great but also allow the University to truly carve the location of the campus from the rest of North Tampa. It would be as much a symbolic demarcation as it would be practical in terms of security and aesthetics.

In addition, I think it would be awesome if USF constructed a huge bell tower, in the middle of campus that would ring every hour and could be heard throughout the entire campus. It could be the signature building on campus, that USF really lacks right now. All sorts of potential traditions could evolved from the bell ringing.

Finally, the State of Florida is synonymous with water, especially in Tampa Bay, so I am surprised that there are not more fountains on campus, especially around the the main entrance on Fowler.

• Content Count:  928

The parking garage off of Alumni Dr and Magnolia on the west end of Engineering is coming a long nicely. It's going to be HUGE - 8 floors including the ground floor and no basement yet.

I took some pictures on my phone but don't know how to get them on here since I don't have the phone-net

Archived