• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

crazy attendence numbers for UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

The fact that USF, as most places, reported paid attendance as opposed to "butts in seats" is not at issue.  We have done that and said that was the way we did it.  Some of those east of here have said/typed some pretty denigrating things about our attendance and been pretty obnoxious about the "fact" that they only reported "butts in seats".  But for the constant harping by the easterners this would not be a big issue even now.

I also doubt USF ever padded their numbers by 167%, like UCiF did for their UAB game last year. They reported something like 22K and only 8,888 showed up.

The big thing is that UCiF went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about this and swore up and down they never did it. Now they've been caught. They're like a politician running on a family-values agenda, and then we find out they're having an affair or buying hookers.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry.  I don't do on the other boards often and I didn't see it here, so I posted it.  I don't have time to check them all.  I am sorry about offending those who have read it already and needed to tell us they have ;D

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Sorry.  I don't do on the other boards often and I didn't see it here, so I posted it.  I don't have time to check them all.  I am sorry about offending those who have read it already and needed to tell us they have ;D

I was just pointing out the usual trend for the UCF threads.  No shot at you or anyone else.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

:)  Bulliever can't move threads remotely on cell phone...darn.

PM me the instructions...

• Content Count:  6,831
  • Days Won:  22

This thread needs to be moved to the Hall of Fame. So next time KL comes bitchin about USF's actual attendance number he could be reminded what a lying sack of you know what he has been

• Content Count:  385

I was just pointing out the usual trend for the UCF threads.  No shot at you or anyone else.

It's no big deal.  I was trying not to stay away from making this about UCF (see, "...no more UCF threads" on my first post).  I guessed I phrased it all wrong.  I didn't know how we counted seats, so I wondered if we did the same thing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

It's no big deal.  I was trying not to stay away from making this about UCF (see, "...no more UCF threads" on my first post).  I guessed I phrased it all wrong.  I didn't know how we counted seats, so I wondered if we did the same thing.

I think most of college football has reported tickets distributed as official attendance for years, like we have always done, but the actual, turnstile attendance has always been out there ....

• Content Count:  2,307

Where the heck did the other 8,499 go for the USF/UCF game last year? Sheesh... I know not every ticket holder has to show up... but, come on.

My theory is that they wanted to beat the Ray Jay game attendance so bad that they made up 8.5k people.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Well, when you want to build a stadium and convince the sheep that it was worth it, you can't really expect to tell them that your attendance numbers actually DECLINED between 2005 and 2006.

2005 actual attendance:  23808

2006 actual attendance:  22042

When a stadium is under construction, reporting an attendance DROP of 7.5% isn't good PR.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Strangely, certain Knights, who come out of the woodwork when our attendance is brought up.  Or, they post said stats to every message board known to man.  Or, they bring it up in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with attendance, are completely silent.  Hmmmmm.

Archived