• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pre-Season Tailgate Party!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Days Won:  0

Great Job to all those that put the event together! It was easily twice the event if not more than it was last year. Hopefully, it will continue to grow. 

Coach Leavitt was great.  I couldn't believe he hung around as long as he did.  I know he had to have been sweating his A%& off in that suit. Not to mention the rigor of his morning.  I think its a perfect opportunity to point out how great it is for us as fans right now.  One of my buddies that was with me is a huge UGA fan and I was kidding with him about when he thought the last time the head coach of the Bulldogs made it out to a local alumni chapter event at a sports bar and then stayed around to sign autographs.  We have a one of a kind coach!

Now, if he could only find us a dang punter ;)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I get the doofus award ... got all messed up and thought the event was yesterday(Saturday)  :P

Sorry I missed it ... also, Brett's blog has a nice write up also.

• Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

I asked Coach what he thought our chances were of getting a certain "SEC transfer" a hardship waiver and he said, flat out, its 50/50. He said it would be close. But we both agreed that even if we do not get him on the field this yearr, it will be great to have him for the four years that follow, as our RB depth, while untested, is at an all time high.

What an amazing guy CJL is. To come out and take the time out of his life for us fans really means a lot to me, and I am sure everyone else. He is so passionate about USF Football, it is hard not to get excited in his presence. Thanks to everyone in the Pinellas Alumni chapter who made this event something special.

• Content Count:  188

Well I have to tell you, Mutt does two things really well.  The first is drink beer, and as a close second, he throws one hell of a party.  Capogna's was the place to be today.  CJL was great.  He stayed to accomadate all who wanted to shake hands and get autographs.  What a class act.  When we were cleaning up some of the staff at Capiogna's were estimating 400 people attended todays event.  My advice for anyone who debated coming out today and decided to stay home, should make this a priority for next year.  For all the Pinellas County Alumni who came out today please try to attend one of our meetings or some of the various events we have throughout the year.

And as always,  Go Bulls!

Bob 

• Content Count:  585

Sorry, I couldn't make it you guys. Had to work today.  :-\  Hopefully, I can meet you guys at a tailgate this season. Happy b-day gurly.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

It was a great event for sure.  One question though.  Why weren't there any local news crews for this thing?  It would have been a good idea to call them and get some free publicity for the team.  Just a thought. 

When I got my picture taken with CJL I asked him which hotel the team will be staying in for the Sugar Bowl.  He thought that was great!  He said he'd sleep in his car if he had to for that game. 

Great time, next year we'll need a bigger venue.  Best part is, I got my mug, so its $1 beers at Capogna's the rest of the season!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

...  One question though.  Why weren't there any local news crews for this thing?  ...

See Brett's blog, but maybe you are referring to TV/Radio.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Thanks to everyone involved with the Tailgate Party! Simply a GREAT time.

A "Mutt Burger" and a few of those beers, a ton of Bulls fans, and one great coach. What better way can you spend a Sunday afternoon?

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Jim has got to be one of the most down to earth people ever.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I don't think that there is a single coach in America, that Loves his job, team, and school as much as CJL does.

Archived