• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA08 Recruiting

thebouncer1898

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

So I'm kinda disappointed with the recruiting aspect of the new game...it is almost too in depth...

Anyone else agree?

• Content Count:  563

I guess you have nx gen....Ill trade you if you want to.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The recruiting is perfect. I love getting kids that were hanging up on me during the first couple weeks to visit and hopefully commit.  It adds a totally new aspect to the game. 

• Content Count:  3,827

So I'm kinda disappointed with the recruiting aspect of the new game...it is almost too in depth...

Anyone else agree?

Absolutely not!

We've been screaming for a more in depth recruiting system for 2-3 years now. They finally got it right.

• Content Count:  400

Anyone else agree?

Absolutely not!

We've been screaming for a more in depth recruiting system for 2-3 years now. They finally got it right.

How is the dynasty mode overall?  NCAA05 to 07 have kind of been more or less the same and it is why i am hesistant to get 08.. especially the recruiting got a little redundant.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

overall they added so much to the game that I think its nothing like the past versions....very much worth the price to buy...highly recommended by this man

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

You know, when I was watching the opening video that goes over all the new features and stuff, and reading about the whole recruiting process, I really thought it was gonna be way too much, going overboard and whatnot. But when I actually played it, it's not too bad. I think they hit it on the head. The game overall is light years ahead of last year's IMO.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I hate how you don't get any high interest by big recruits or good rankings if you're not one of the "Big Boys" (like USC, Notre Dame, etc).  At least not in 06 or 07.

In 2005, I would go undefeated every season (I have it set on Heisman, but I would turn it off if I was losing...I know, lame, but I like winning!), so I would be #1 ranked both post and pre season.  Most of the Blue Chip players would love me and be easily recruited.

In 2006, I do the same (I am currently on year 2014), and only 1-2 Five Star players are remotely interested in me, and even though I go undefeated and finish #1 (and I always, ALWAYS have at least an A- schedule), I am never ranked more than #12 for the next season.

I bet that if I were Texas, I'd be #1 always...

• Content Count:  5,241

After doing the offseason recruiting where I finished #2 as USF and won the orange bowl ;D

I did the recruiting and enjoyed it much more despite its detail. I think its a lot more accurate to real life since now the recruits dont just reject you at the end of the season.

Also making those promises, like beating  your rival and winning a conference champ helps out.

I went after several mildly interested 4 stars and got a bunch of them, finished 25th in recruiting.

Now my schedule is packed as the computer picked me to face Oklahoma and Auburn as the first two games of the second season.

• Content Count:  3,827

Anyone else agree?

Absolutely not!

How is the dynasty mode overall?  NCAA05 to 07 have kind of been more or less the same and it is why i am hesistant to get 08.. especially the recruiting got a little redundant.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/806/806766p2.html

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/890/890431/vids_1.html

Archived