• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A worthwhile note for discussion: FL FB vs TX FB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

TX middle schools have organized football - SEPARATE 7th and 8th grade teams.  The HSs have freshmen, JV & Varsity teams. And I understand that some these schools have A & B squads for ea. team if there is enough interest.  Now tell me, what would FL football players/athletes be like if the FL public schools did that?

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

TX middle schools have organized football - SEPARATE 7th and 8th grade teams.  The HSs have freshmen, JV & Varsity teams. And I understand that some these schools have A & B squads for ea. team if there is enough interest.  Now tell me, what would FL football players/athletes be like if the FL public schools did that?

Texas?

Texas?

Not sure why the question mark but I just moved to Texas from FL and CA, FL and TX are pretty well known as the top 3 recruiting states for FB talent.

• Content Count:  808

Looking at that semi-famous D1A College Football Helmet map, I began to wonder...is Florida the #1 state for college football (with the measure being the top teams..)

Florida has UF, FSU, Miami, and now USF.  4 legitimate BCS contenders.

Texas and Cal I'd say are the only real competition:

- Texas has UT, TAMU, TTech, and...Baylor.

- California has USC, UCLA, Cal, and Stanford.

I'd say Florida is the clear cut front runner for college FB. Thoughts?

• Content Count:  928

Texas?

Not sure why the question mark but I just moved to Texas from FL and CA, FL and TX are pretty well known as the top 3 recruiting states for talent.

You asked what would FL football be like if they had programs like Texas and his response was "TEXAS?"...meaning, they would be like Texas. Quite witty.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think it wouldn't change much. Florida already produces plenty of athletes, all are equally as good or better. would Florida players be that  much better if view were under a TX style set up? Probably not. Most these kids really dont understand the game as well as they should until they are 15 or so anyways. The TX setup is more apt to be setup that way because cities not counties levy schools. Its overrated, they run the same system here in ohio.  As well as football power states like indiana

Texas?

Not sure why the question mark but I just moved to Texas from FL and CA, FL and TX are pretty well known as the top 3 recruiting states for talent.

You asked what would FL football be like if they had programs like Texas and his response was "TEXAS?"...meaning, they would be like Texas. Quite witty.

Guess the wit was wasted on me.  With FL& TX currently considered on par, how could you think the two would still have equal talent levels.  FL is also more densely populated. FL would be hands down the best recruiting state in the nation.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Looking at that semi-famous D1A College Football Helmet map, I began to wonder...is Florida the #1 state for college football (with the measure being the top teams..)

Florida has UF, FSU, Miami, and now USF.  4 legitimate BCS contenders.

Texas and Cal I'd say are the only real competition:

- Texas has UT, TAMU, TTech, and...Baylor.

- California has USC, UCLA, Cal, and Stanford.

I'd say Florida is the clear cut front runner for college FB. Thoughts?

Fresno State out of California and TCU out of Texas can give teams a run for their money withouth being BCS schools. It's a big of a log jam for the top 3, but I think I'd rank them as being California, Texas, and Florida in descending order.

• Content Count:  928

Texas?

Guess the wit was wasted on me.  With FL& TX currently considered on par, how could you think the two would still have equal talent levels.  FL is also more densely populated. FL would be hands down the best recruiting state in the nation.

It was a joke...

But I do think that if floridian players were to put forth the effort and actually live up to their potential, they would be the best. Kids live and die for football on TX (according to my observations from the movie Friday Night Lights).

I believe there are more D1 recruits that come out of Florida than any other state though.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I crunched numbers on this subject a few months back and florida sent a larger % of its athletes to play college football, Texas was under .5% if i remember correctly and Florida sent around 1% of its kids.  Texas also had a huge partispation advantage but still sent around the same amount of kids that Florida did.  Dont feel like digging uip the stats again but you can find the participation #'s NFHS.org. 

Archived