• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jamar Taylor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

taylor is a very good player. however i dont foresee him being even close to the potential talent that ford brings to the table.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

Thank G O D you are not in charge of our talent evaluation.

there was maybe two good runs on that video

sorry i'm not impressed by a highlight video... especially of high school ball. Taylors a good get but I stay skeptical

Guest BasketBull.

He signed with 'Bama over offers from Tennessee, Pitt, and West Virginia. I think USF was also interested.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Taylor was pretty much Bama from his junior season until they fired Shula, then he started having other thoughts.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Here are my observations from the video:

1. He doesn't go down after the first contact and always keeps his legs moving.

2. He gets off the ball extremely quickly. On some of those blocks he appears to be at his blocking assignment before the QB is fully away from the center.

3. He is obviously a power runner who is not going to break two 30+ runs off per game, but appears he will always be good for 4 to 6 yards per carry. In the Bama spring game he had 10 carries for 44 yards with a long of 9.

I think he will be a good addition for USF and look forward to seeing him play, regardless of whether it is this year or next.

• Content Count:  400

Who is better: Jamar Taylor or Richard Kelly?

• Content Count:  3,403

Here are my observations from the video:

1. He doesn't go down after the first contact and always keeps his legs moving.

2. He gets off the ball extremely quickly. On some of those blocks he appears to be at his blocking assignment before the QB is fully away from the center.

3. He is obviously a power runner who is not going to break two 30+ runs off per game, but appears he will always be good for 4 to 6 yards per carry. In the Bama spring game he had 10 carries for 44 yards with a long of 9.

I think he will be a good addition for USF and look forward to seeing him play, regardless of whether it is this year or next.

Good assessment.  I'm curious how good he'll be compared to Ford, Samuels, and Plancher, Kelly, Butler, and Williams.

I hope he gets his hardship waiver and possibly redshirts.

• Content Count:  3,403

Who is better: Jamar Taylor or Richard Kelly?

I just watched Kelly's video again.  Wow.  I'd say just by looking at the videos that Kelly is better and was surely underrated.  It's just 1 video (that I have of him), but he seems huge and able to run through people, he seems quite fast on the break away and is still able to make moves despite his size, and he's also able to make very nice catches out of the backfield.  If he can block he's looks better based on the limited video I've seen of both.

However, Taylor was rated the 25th best in the nation at RB and was always behind Rainey on the depth chart, so he could be awesome as well.

I really hope we use FBs and 2 RB sets more because we have a lot of talent at RB/FB now.  I would guess Taylor is used to the FB position, Kelly seems perfect for it, Ford could likely do anything, and Samuels really impressed me with his ability in the Spring Game.  We also never got a chance to see Plancher last year but he was #1 on the depth chart going into the season.  Not sure where that leaves B-Will but we'll see I guess.  He's a great blocker.  Looking at Butler's video again, it looks like he'd be a great receiver so I wouldn't be surprised if he changed positions.  He'll probably redshirt this year, but we'll see.

So much depth...what a difference a year makes.

• Content Count:  1,803

Chris Rainey was Lakeland High School, but Taylor is no stranger to a large number of carries each game. Anybody who went to a Lakeland High school game last year knows that it is quite possibly the most boring brand of football on the planet. They ran the ball like 95% of the time.

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

Kelly at 6'0 240 is more of the big full back type Taylor is a smaller more compact guy that is a power runner. Both would be tougher than anybody USF has had in short yardage situation.

Archived