• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jamar Taylor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

^^Would be nice to sign them first, but as long as they get here, that is the important thing.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I would rather he sits out a year anyway...queue up some good RB talent for later!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,633
  • Days Won:  29

Well, he could very well RS, but remember ... so can Mike Ford.  ;)

WHEN he is enrolled, will just make it that much more of a battle for the starter.

I don't think either will RS though. Ford has sat out 2 years and Taylor enrolled at 'bama in the Spring ... LOVE the potential we have at RB and basicly all four are Freshman !

Something else I see (as it's always bright from my view) ... This TOP RB from the heavy talent producing state of Florida - CHOSE USF !!! A school that already had a Top RB that is also a Freshman. He could have chose UCF or Miami that has a very good SO RB. Not sure about UF & FSU's status.

When I heard about this over the holiday  ... I couldn't wait to tell the few 'bama friends I had ... 2 RB's from them in 1 offseason !

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

I think ben williams is going to have a really tough fight on his hands.  I don't think he will be starting in the AU game. It will be interesting to see what CJL does in the Elon game.  Who is he going to give playing time to.  I can't see him starting Ben Williams and then putting Ford or Samuels in for the Auburn game.  I like Williams as a person, but should not be our back for the AU game, he is too small.

• Content Count:  400

I think ben williams is going to have a really tough fight on his hands.  I don't think he will be starting in the AU game. It will be interesting to see what CJL does in the Elon game.  Who is he going to give playing time to.  I can't see him starting Ben Williams and then putting Ford or Samuels in for the Auburn game.  I like Williams as a person, but should not be our back for the AU game, he is too small.

isn't ben a walk on?  i wasn't too impressed with him last year.. i think if we get taylor and ford, they are an immediate upgrade over what we've got already.  in lakeland, chris rainey was to reggie bush as jamar taylor was to lendale white.. so basically, we got FL's version of lendale white if he comes.. add to that, mike ford.. well, mike ford is mike ford.. so basically, we'd have lendale white and eddie george in the backfield.. i think that is more than enough help for grothe.

• Content Count:  1,266

isn't ben a walk on?  i wasn't too impressed with him last year.. i think if we get taylor and ford, they are an immediate upgrade over what we've got already.  in lakeland, chris rainey was to reggie bush as jamar taylor was to lendale white.. so basically, we got FL's version of lendale white if he comes.. add to that, mike ford.. well, mike ford is mike ford.. so basically, we'd have lendale white and eddie george in the backfield.. i think that is more than enough help for grothe.

also a great song

Radiohead - Optimistic

• Content Count:  385

Williams was a walk on, but Leavitt was impressed with him and he played fairly well last season, so he will be in the top spot in the lineup.  Ford and Taylor and all else are more than likely working for that position.  I am not sure that they will get it, right away and that means that they get one less easy game (Elon) to warm up beofre AU.  I think they will shine, but Leavitt shows loyalty and Williams IMO really has the spot to lose in Leavitts heart. 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

True, Williams earned the spot by a breakout performance at the PJ.com Bowl.

But then again, who else was left at that point in the season?  Also, how hard was it to score on the crappy ECU defense?

I think it's more "talent by comparison" than actual talent.  Pound for pound, I think an out of shape Mike Ford would run circles around Ben Williams.

That being said, I really hope that Williams gets a scholarship for this year, to at least reward him for what he did last year...but I don't think he'll be the starter.

• Content Count:  119

In CJL fashion, all RBs will get about 10-15 carries in the opener. As for AU game, it will be all Ford and Samuels. I think he is going to mix it up between the two of them.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think the RB starting will be the one who can block best and protect the franchise.  Williams at this point best fits this description.  The Auburn game will be on the road, hostile crowd and against a pretty good defense.  If this was the first road start for either Samuels or Ford it could be rough as opposed to bringing them off the bench.  I expect the freshmen to statr by the end of the season.

Archived