• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auburn Tailgating

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Or what if we put "*not that there is anything wrong with that" after the "Auburn rhymes with gay*" sign?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure who would be up for roughing it, but since I'm the outdoors type, I emailed Carol Cadenhead from the link that JimUSFSig so kindly posted above about tent permits.  My thinking is stay in Columbus Friday night, do BleacherBull's Bullsfest, then head over to the game and tailgate/camp out overnight after the game instead of having to have someone stay dry and drive home.  Here's Carol's response:

Hello Dale,

I am no longer handling tent permits.  I have copied Michael Hood in on this e-mail to help you.  There are areas for designated for large tents on campus that require permits and lots of folks camping just south of campus.  There is a map on Auburn's web page that may be of help to you.  Tents with stakes 12" or longer need permits.  If you are looking for a spot to pitch your camping tent, I would recommend an area south of Lem Morrison Drive on either side of Donahue Drive.  There is a restroom trailer located in this field.  Michael may have more specifics to share with you.  There may be new rules this year I am not aware of.  Please let me know if you don't get the answers to all your questions.

Carol Cadenhead

She also sent another email w/ this link, www.auburn.edu/gameday , that will be available in August, that addresses tailgating policies, maps, etc.

I think that it would be a good time, and much safer than having to drive back early in the morning after the game, regardless of whether you've been drinking.  If anyone's interested, I will post more info when I get it from Michael Hood.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Am I the only one that thinks this is a great idea??? :)

I heard back from Michael Hood and he said that everything in the email above is correct, and did mention that we should try to get there pretty early Saturday to ensure a spot in the fields on the South side of Lem Morrison Drive.  Hopefully we won't be the only Bulls there early Saturday!

Also, the www.auburn.edu/gameday site is up and contains some good info on the gameday parking/tailgating policies, etc.

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I'll be " campin' " at the Hampton Friday and Saturday night.

GO BULLS!

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys:

Just to promote the USF tailgate, it is co-sponsored by USF Development, Athletics, and the Alumni Association.  We don't make any money off the tailgates.  I recommend attending this one.  $35 for adults, $12.50 for kids 5-12, under 5 is free.  All you can eat and drink of beer, wine, soda, water.  Also, we are doing a shirt for this game but you must attend the tailgate to get one.  No exceptions (so don't email me  ;D).  We already have over 300 people coming to the Auburn tailgate.  Band, cheerleaders, Rocky will be there as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric

• Content Count:  827

Hey guys:

Just to promote the USF tailgate, it is co-sponsored by USF Development, Athletics, and the Alumni Association.  We don't make any money off the tailgates.  I recommend attending this one.  $35 for adults, $12.50 for kids 5-12, under 5 is free.  All you can eat and drink of beer, wine, soda, water.  Also, we are doing a shirt for this game but you must attend the tailgate to get one.  No exceptions (so don't email me   ;D).  We already have over 300 people coming to the Auburn tailgate.  Band, cheerleaders, Rocky will be there as well.

Eric

What color is the t-shirt? I will be at the tailgate but for those that won't. They will know what color the rest of us will be wearing. I would

assume green but it seems like everytime we have had shirts passed out they have been yellow (gold) :)

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

http://www.auburn.edu/communications_marketing/gameday/parking.html

Here's one more link that shows the bus schedule from various locations.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  827

Hey guys:

Just to promote the USF tailgate, it is co-sponsored by USF Development, Athletics, and the Alumni Association.  We don't make any money off the tailgates.  I recommend attending this one.  $35 for adults, $12.50 for kids 5-12, under 5 is free.  All you can eat and drink of beer, wine, soda, water.  Also, we are doing a shirt for this game but you must attend the tailgate to get one.  No exceptions (so don't email me   ;D).  We already have over 300 people coming to the Auburn tailgate.  Band, cheerleaders, Rocky will be there as well.

Eric

What color is the t-shirt? I will be at the tailgate but for those that won't. They will know what color the rest of us will be wearing. I would

assume green but it seems like everytime we have had shirts passed out they have been yellow (gold) :)

One last shot to see if you can tell us the t-shirt color? Gotta plan the attire accordingly.  :)

• Content Count:  68

I'm taking my family (wife and 3 boys) to the USF - AU game and wanted to know where the USF fans will be tailgating.  Does anyone have any suggestions on which parking area we should look for when we arrive (coming from Atlanta)?  The game day experience should be incredible and I want to get some tailgating in before the game.  Go Bulls!!!

Archived